Discussion Forum

Dropbox, Referrals & Helping us out!

We use a piece of software called Dropbox so we can easy share files with each other when working on and developing the Vault sites. Dropbox gives users a set amount of free space to play with when they sign up but they increase this limit if you refer new users. Ian and I are working on new features involving a large amount of images (what could they be ;)) and we're fast running out of dropbox space...

This is an open invitation to all our users to try out Dropbox which is a great piece of software for backing up and syncing files to multiple machines, and by taking us up on this offer you'll be helping us with the development of the Vault network as well; everybody wins! Just signup to Dropbox using our referral link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTIxOTQzMDA5

Thanks for reading and helping! :)
Posted 05 March 2010 at 11:02

I use it, it's amazing!
Posted 05 March 2010 at 11:05

Just to add, as I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere.

IT IS FREE.
Posted 05 March 2010 at 11:10

Aye, been using it for a while now, it's been very useful for us both! We just need a little bit more space, but not enough to warrant paying a subscription (yet). ;)
Posted 05 March 2010 at 11:10

I personally use Filesmelt for my file sharing. it's a lot faster.
Posted 05 March 2010 at 16:19

[quote=whitey_mcfly]I personally use Filesmelt for my file sharing. it's a lot faster.[/quote]

Not entirely sure they're the same thing... :confused:
Posted 05 March 2010 at 16:58

what functionality does it provide that a simple svn set-up would not?
Posted 05 March 2010 at 18:13

I would imagine it provides significantly less funtionality, however I've never worked with svn. :o

Dropbox was a quick, easy, no-knowledge-needed solution for us... ;)
Posted 05 March 2010 at 22:48

ah fair enough :)
Posted 06 March 2010 at 22:41