Discussion Forum

Favorite Color

What is your favorite color(s) to use and why.

I like using green because i like to get things on the board fast and just send a mob out.
Posted 11 March 2009 at 00:22

so far red... I enjoy playing my burn deck (( even if it is noobish ))
Posted 11 March 2009 at 00:46

seandude4 has deleted this comment.
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:13

seandude4 has deleted this comment.

Red is my favorite too- and burn isn't inherently noobish! There are and have been competitive burn decks in several formats, and there wouldn't be without Red!

White, always almost white.

Usually i like to play kithkin because it is easy to become an overwelming force in a minimul amount of time. the only problem is that it usually starts to decline around turn 7 or 8. It's still fun though since there are so many cards in the white section that just piss people off. I also threw a playset of banefire into my kithkin deck last week for shits and grins, i was very disappointed when i ended up doing better than i usually do.

Just last week though i built my elf deck and plan to play it this week! It's a challenge though since i usually just play one color. this one is red, white, green, and black. hopefully it will work out okay since i just want a deck to switch out every other week since i got sick of playing white ALL the time.
Posted 11 March 2009 at 04:49

Yea i like white too because white cards have effects that other colors have.In reality white is all the colors mixed together and this also aplies to magic.The bad part is that it only has a limited amount of the colors true power.I have been playing for almost a year and i have made a deck of each color and one without color.Although i like my green deck my white has the most potential.
Posted 11 March 2009 at 22:28

White is interesting for that reason, it does a bit of everything, but it does lack some things so that it isn't too versatile. You're gonna always have trouble drawing cards in mono White!!!
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:16

I am a five color mage. I like all the colors and can/enjoy playing any combination from mono anything to my fav. all five at once.

So with that I guess the color that I tend to be most fond of is Green only because (its a very pretty color) it's the color that best fetches all my other colors.

Dr.KnowMaD
Posted 13 March 2009 at 11:54

White!

I love white, it just goes back to the first decks I played with and the beautiful artwork that always goes with it - my favourite of which is Serra Angel. I like the abilities that a lot of the cards have had, for example Master Decoy "tap to tap target creature" - tehehehe! Winner!
Posted 16 March 2009 at 18:59

Serra Angel might just be the most classic MTG card there is
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:16

The old Phyrexians were pretty badass
Posted 17 March 2009 at 03:40

GREEN because that was the first deck I made but lately it's bin more of blue and black.
Posted 10 May 2009 at 03:50

I like the new Alara black , because most have Unearth.
Posted 11 May 2009 at 02:54

green,in magic and real life
Posted 23 May 2009 at 19:39

Red in Magic- but Green in real life
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:17

Red... Scorching searing red!
Posted 21 September 2009 at 09:13

Black... Rotting fetid black!
Posted 21 September 2009 at 09:13

Black because of spells and creatues that destroy and discard.

Green because of tanks like chameleon collossus kalonian behemoth
Posted 28 September 2009 at 16:56

I used Black + Green for a long time it has some fantastic options as a combination
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:18

I'm a white- style person.

In WoW, I loved to play palladin before starting magic, and white just screams paladin to me.

I wanted to go mono-white, but didn't have enough cards and ended up going Bant (WhiteBlueGreen)
Posted 09 October 2009 at 19:18

That's fine, Bant has literal paladins!
Makes sense though, I really enjoy demon warrior-esque archetypes in RPGs and I really like Red/Black.
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:26

i either play monogreen for speed crusher creatures or black/blue for the wtf factor.
Posted 12 October 2009 at 17:46

If I had to choose one color, I think it would have to be blue. With blue's drawing abilities, it pretty much lets you cycle through your deck to get what you need as quickly as possible. Let us not forget also the counterspells! Oodles and oodles of counterspells to pick and choose from!
Posted 17 October 2009 at 13:55

Some people would argue that those reasons make Blue the most powerful color in MTG!
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:27

I like all colours and all styles of decks, but if i had to choose one, it would have to be blue. Blue is the colour of deceit, manipulation and COUNTER SPELLS. :manau:
Posted 25 October 2009 at 20:40

Blue/Green would probably be my favorite color combination, and the reason I say this is that I don't have any one particular favorite color.
:manag::manau:
Posted 21 November 2009 at 04:59

Well, My favourite colour is "sky blue" because it's a relaxing colour, reminds me of the sky. And when I was a child I use to look to the sky & imagine all sorts of silhouette and it bring back great childhood memories I also like WHITE colour the most because of its adjusting habit with every other colour be it furniture piece or any other accessory .
Posted 20 April 2010 at 11:01

GREEN In everything:):):)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Posted 22 April 2010 at 01:04

blue/green would be my favorite
Posted 23 August 2010 at 17:56

Competitively I like Blue the most since its the strongest color in the older formats.

Casually I like Black the most to play. When we play Casual we usually play with 3 or more players so Black usually has effects that hurt all players and not just 1.
Posted 23 August 2010 at 19:13

Blue/Red's my favourite for many many reasons. I like deck manipulation a lot, so controlling draws with Blue is important.
Posted 24 August 2010 at 06:09

Color? What's that? I just kill you with what ever I feel like using at the time, but as a preference red and black!
Posted 25 August 2010 at 05:51

I'm a Red/Black fan too!!! Rakdos is the way to go
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:28

Mainly green :manag:, second is white, so far, black and red are pretty close too
Posted 09 September 2010 at 17:16

Keeping an old thread alive, cause I'm bored... lol

Currently it is Black. It really changes as new sets come out though.
Posted 27 September 2010 at 07:10

i like white mostly cuz i found soldiers and usually they put out a new decent soldier card in most every set or combo although not in scars they dissapointed me with metalcrafting soldiers i dont run equipment with them so no metalcrafting available.
although i did fall in love with new elspeth she makes old elspeth look like a little girl lol.:manaw:
Posted 01 October 2010 at 17:01

I work well with White. I like White mostly because I believe in White's core values of community and sharing everything. Like I actually believe it should be that way if at all possible. Everyone should get equal treatment regardless of whether you're friend or foe. White does not discriminate. It does not destroy unless absolutely necessary, and when it does, boy does it destroy EVERYTHING.

Not only that, I like the whole militarized side of White. Knights, Soldiers, Lords galore. Swarm the field early and efficiently, and if someone happens to fall behind and die, just replace him and keep fighting until glorious victory is ours.

vvv REPRESENT. vvv
Posted 03 October 2010 at 05:41

I'm obligated to say White, cus Swords To Plowshares is the most awesomest spell ever printed!
Posted 06 October 2010 at 00:59

That just might be the SECOND coolest... after Lightning Bolt >:)
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:30

It's white first now lol, then green etc, heh Have a white/black deck that's improving every time a booster pack opens..
Posted 20 October 2010 at 23:38

Personally, I enjoy Black :manab:. I just find the whole color very enjoyable, and for the most part cheap, so it's easier to work with. First reason is because it was the first color I ever used, and I'm currently using it alot with Infect, as well as showing my girlfriend how to play (I made her a vampire deck). Surprisingly, the first card I ever owned was also black, Hollow Dogs. I remember loving the art. XD

So there.. Black. :manab::manab::manab:
Posted 05 November 2010 at 08:59

I would have to say blue for the control and red for the burn
Posted 12 November 2010 at 00:26

Well, considering one of my favorite decks which uses my favorite card are both Black...I'd say my favorite color (mono) is Black :D
Posted 26 November 2010 at 07:30

I used to be hardcore Green because I always felt it was more versatile than the other colors (Big Meaty Green, Overwhelm, Life Gain, Anti-Artifact) and just plain weirdness. Lately, though, I've been very drawn to blue after making a deck entirely based upon Stormtide Leviathon (EVERY creature has flying) and also a mono-blue proliferate deck (Although really the only blue in it is Lighthouse Chronologists and Thrummingbirds). Blue has perked my interest in building unpredictable, versatile decks that are actually fun to play. Also, after building a mono-black Discard/Life Loss (I honestly don't know how to classify it...) deck I REALLY like and is actually VERY effective against a lot of play styles, I'm kinda swinging toward liking black as well...
Posted 26 November 2010 at 22:51

Black discard control is super fun- especially 8-rack, but I don't know if people play that anymore
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:31

Black because of its raw evilness and willingness to win at any cost. Also its extreme prejudice agianst all the white decks was just awesome when i sat at the table. I really did feel like the black sheep.

My first true deck back in the days http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=129053

I've always loved the vamps, esp sengir vampire and more recently bloodghast.

I played a necro deck for the longest time and a mono black aggro deck with shades/sarcomancy/pumpable knights + jitte/coffers.

These days I play a vamp sac deck.

Now if only I could do something about artifacts :rolleyes:
Posted 31 December 2010 at 17:08

Vampires are definitely my favorite tribe

This question is hard to answer.

I love black control/aggro.
I love green ramp/elves.
I love red aggro/burn.
I love blue counters/control.
I love white-weenie/control.

But I guess green.
Posted 11 February 2011 at 14:58

It's gotta be Red. I just like to 'cause a little havoc every once in a while, yanno? ;)
Posted 11 February 2011 at 20:35

Red is the most fun by nature

Black and Green...
Green has that power that nature grants and it's super cool to play more than one land in one turn, which green is great at doing...
Black represents power at all costs, ambition, and my dark side...
Then there's the combination of the two colors:
I love Creakwood Liege+Doomgape...
"ahahah at all my greatness I cast my second Jace, the Money Taker" "I pay 1:manag::manab: and play Maelstrom pulse, both are gone, sorry" (One of my favourite cards)
Posted 13 February 2011 at 14:37

I persomaly like GREEN decks,with beasts.
Also blue for the counterspells.
Posted 13 February 2011 at 20:17

hmm..

most played: blue, black and white.

least played: red and green.

out of all of them, i have the least fun playing green..... often i find i have to include green for a specific strategy or card, but if i can play without, i will.

i used to play a LOT of red.... but ended up selling a lot of my cards a few years ago and it included my best red spells. now i stick to the occasional red splash for koth, lightning bolt, lightning helix and slagstorm.
Posted 14 February 2011 at 19:11

Koth and Bolt, thats a win right there by themselves
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:32

Honestly, i play artifacts, so blue/black/white. but mostly blue since its control, mill, and major damage with artifact cards. TEZZERET FTW
Posted 14 February 2011 at 21:42

I tend to lean torwards enemy color combinations ...........
Red/White
Green/Black
Red/Blue

but i would have to say that Red:manar: is my favorite ........... i love the chaos factor you can utilize to throw other players off their games ............... and the fact i love using "Unhinged" & "Unglued" cards don't help their sanity either.. :D
Posted 18 June 2011 at 10:49

Red. the concept of a rapid victory makes me smile

also, i like fire
Posted 25 July 2011 at 16:16

Aggro is very exciting and can catch slower strategies off guard
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:33

artifact. if its a combo, u/b (of course:))
Posted 25 July 2011 at 16:52

I think colorless is my favorite color, but if it has to be one of the normal 5, I think I would have to go with black. Black is more effective at killing off creatures than red, its got fairly good control at this point, and its just plain awesome.
Posted 25 July 2011 at 17:45

Hmm. Tough call.

I love white's emphasis on combat tricks, protection, and reset buttons like Day of Judgment/Wrath of God. I love blue's forte of card control and disruption. I like black's ability to do anything, at anytime, given the proper balance of risk/reward. I really, REALLY like red, not so much when it's about burn and lightning-fast creatures, but when it's about stupid, luck-based things like Warp World and Scrambleverse, or giant middle fingers thrust at the game like Act of Treason and Browbeat. I... can't say I like too much about green other than Birthing Pod, but it is the best card ever made, so whatever.

Given a gun-to-the-head verdict, probably red, because I'm a gigantic prick.

I, too, play nothing but enemy colors, though. Currently on a W/U/R kick and it's amazing.
Posted 20 August 2011 at 05:38

I've always been a defensive player to win games, so I think White would have to be my favorite. Although right now my main deck is a Blue Mill.

I've always liked the "You can't kill me" type aspect of white, with the enchanments on creatures and buffing of creatures. Plus Flying is always great!
Posted 18 October 2011 at 16:50

I like blue. I love the look on my opponent's face when I counter a game-winning spell, take control of a creature, or generally throw off their plans :mad:
Posted 05 January 2012 at 23:37

Black. With maybe a smooch o other colors! For Zombies and graveyard tatics! =3
Posted 24 January 2012 at 23:57

Btw, ello I'ma new user and I like your topic /wave:D
Posted 24 January 2012 at 23:58

Has to be black, because it seems to extremely versatile. You can destroy, you can gain life, you can search your deck, you can shut down. It is just awesome.
Though I will say that it is very closely followed by blue.
Posted 08 February 2012 at 19:09

Black doesn't do everything but it does do everything that matters!
Posted 22 January 2021 at 21:34

BLUE is the best. because you can counter spells.
Posted 09 February 2012 at 09:10

[QUOTE=Kazzong]Has to be black, because it seems to extremely versatile. You can destroy, you can gain life, you can search your deck, you can shut down. It is just awesome.
Though I will say that it is very closely followed by blue.[/QUOTE]
he said it best
Posted 18 March 2012 at 04:41

I love White the most. I like all of them, but right now, White's my absolute favourite. It could be because Ajani was my first (and only) planeswalker... or because I'm currently going undefeated with my Mono-white deck at my school :P
Posted 19 May 2012 at 08:39

:manab:black pretty much always black:manab:
Posted 24 August 2012 at 17:01

I've always been partial to red, it's such a fast and offensive color....Not to mention all the mana spells that comes with it seething song, rite of flame, ect....

Coming up next for my favorite would probably be blue but it's hard to say. =p
Posted 02 October 2012 at 13:30

White colour is my favourite which makes everyone attractive.
Posted 17 October 2012 at 09:05

Without a doubt red is my favorite of a single color. Its just awesome. I've always had a standard RDW at all times during standard MTG. And Burn is the only legacy deck I currently run. Though in 2 color combos I like Orzhov colors the best. But in 3 colors I like RBW like Kaalia EDH.
Posted 28 January 2013 at 02:24

Blue is my favorite mtg color because of what it stands for: logic, intellect, and cunning.

My favorite color combo is blue green. The advantage and strategy of blue is complimented nicely by the strength of green
Posted 29 January 2013 at 01:32

i started out playing white and have been convinced that white is my color.....but after playing blue, i never went back. im a very logical person, so blue fits me well. all my decks started to have blue in them and my deck types have all been control.....:manau:
Posted 24 June 2013 at 01:55

It was red/black dual. But I discovered just how wonderful mill is so now its blue or black/blue
Posted 14 December 2013 at 22:36

My favorite is green. Its cool.
Posted 22 February 2014 at 02:11

red, just because i can
Posted 18 September 2014 at 07:46

My favourite color is Off Red.
Posted 25 September 2014 at 06:59

i think i'm starting to lean more towards a black deck for the past few weeks
Posted 11 October 2014 at 14:52

W-U is really fun trolling people
Posted 31 July 2016 at 04:11