Discussion Forum

Alara Reborn=All Multicolored

If you see at http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/141 they preview an Alara Reborn card. Now, look at the card number. Its 1/145. Magic cards are numbered by color. Order goes: White, Blue, Red, Black, Green, Multi, Artifacts, and Lands. So these card being #1 means Alara Reborn is completely or almost entirely multicolored.
Posted 14 March 2009 at 12:31

Oooooo! Interesting!

The artwork looks very much like the Ravnica cards, and that had a lot of multicolour cards in it. This will be interesting!
Posted 16 March 2009 at 18:52

Just to bother the mods with something, is it ok if I post spoilers up here (on a new thread) or is there some rule I missed against that?
Posted 09 April 2009 at 12:43

[QUOTE=NightLoki]Just to bother the mods with something, is it ok if I post spoilers up here (on a new thread) or is there some rule I missed against that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can go ahead and post a spoiler if you want.
Posted 09 April 2009 at 19:43

ah, lovely.

Well, let's get right into it then, shall we? Alara Reborn has had a grand whopping total of 17 cards spoiled out of 145 in the set.
They are as follows(in collector number order):

1/145: Ardent Plea
1WU
Enchantment
Uncommon
(no text spoiled)

2/145: Aven Mimeomancer
1WU
Creature - Bird Wizard
Rare
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a feather counter on target creature. If you do, that creature is 3/1 and has flying as long as it has a feather counter on it.
P/T: 3/1

3/145: Ethercaste Knight
WU
Artifact Creature - Human Knight
Common
Exalted
P/T: 1/3

28/145: Nemesis of Reason
3UB
Creature - Leviathan Horror
Rare
Whenever Nemesis of Reason attacks, defending player puts the top ten cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
P/T: 3/7

30/145: Soulquake
3UUBB
Sorcery
Rare
Return all creatures in play and all creature cards in graveyards to their owners' hands.

34/145: Bituminous Blast
3BR
Instant
Uncommon
Cascade (When you play this spell, remove cards from the top of your library until you remove a nonland card that costs less. You may play it without paying its mana cost. Put the removed cards on the bottom in a random order.)
Bituminous Blast deals 4 damage to target creature.

46/145: Terminate
BR
Instant
Common
Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated.

47/145: Thought Hemorrhage
2BR
Sorcery
Rare
Name a nonland card. Target player reveals his or her hand. Thought Hemorrhage deals 3 damage to that player for each card with that name revealed this way. Search that player's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with that name and remove them from the game. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

53/145: Dragon Broodmother
2RRRG
Creature - Dragon
Mythic Rare
Flying
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a 1/1 red and green Dragon creature token with flying and devour 2 into play. (As the token comes into play, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. It comes into play with twice that many +1/+1 counters on it.)
P/T: 4/4

60/145: Spellbreaker Behemoth
1RGG
Creature - Beast
Rare
Spellbreaker Behemoth can't be countered.
Creature spells you control with power 5 or greater can't be countered.
P/T: 5/5

70/145: Knight of New Alara
2GW
Creature - Human Knight
Rare
Each other multicolored creature you control gets +1/+1 for each of its colors.
P/T: 2/2

74/145: Pale Recluse
4GW
Creature - Spider
Common
Reach
Forestcycling 2, plainscycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Search your library for a Forest of Plains card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
P/T: 4/5

90/145: Spellbound Dragon
3UR
Creature - Dragon
Rare
Flying.
Whenever Spellbound Dragon attacks, draw a card, then discard a card. Spellbound Dragon gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the discarded card's converted mana cost.
P/T: 3/5

103/145: Sages of the Anima
3GU
Creature - Elf Wizard
Rare
If you would draw a card, instead reveal the top three cards of your library. Put all creature cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
P/T: 3/4

120/145: Sphinx of the Steel Wind
5WUB
Artifact Creature - Sphinx
Mythic Rare
Flying, First Strike, Lifelink, Protection from Red, Protection from Green
P/T: 6/6

124/145: Unscythe, Killer of Kings
UBBR
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Rare
Equipped creature gets +3/+3 and has first strike.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by equipped creature this turn is put into a graveyard, you may remove that card from the game. If you do, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token into play.
Equip 2

138/145: Jund Hackblade
{B/G}R
Creature - Goblin Berserker
Common
As long as you control another multicolored permanent, Jund Hackblade gets +1/+1 and has haste.
P/T: 2/1

140/145: Marisi's Twinclaws
2{R/W}G
Creature - Cat Warrior
Uncommon
Double Strike
P/T: 2/4

That's all that's been spoiled so far. If you'd like to see my source and the spoil sources, or you'd just like to see a few of the pictures they've also spoiled, check out this site
http://mtgsalvation.com/alara-reborn-spoiler.html
no, i dont work for 'em, this is just where I found it, thought people should know. now.....let the speculation begin!!!

Oh, I get to comment too, right. Only one Mythic spoiled makes me sad. Terminate? Back in Standard? Life gets better! haha!
Posted 10 April 2009 at 15:23

and we have a 17th!
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
5WUB
Artifact Creature - Sphinx
Mythic Rare
Flying, First Strike, Lifelink, Protection from Red, Protection from Green
P/T: 6/6

And for future reference, I'm gonna add any new spoilers to the original list I posted, just to make it convenient.

This was spoiled by dailymtg's Twitter, and the picture is right here: http://www.wizards.com/magic/sphinxofthesteelwind.jpg
Posted 11 April 2009 at 14:13

New Spoiler Time!

Actually, that's only half true, it's true there is a new spoiler up on magic's website.

The problem is, they're all already spoiled...http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/alarareborn/spoiler

Oh, and they're updating it dailyish from now 'til the release, so I won't be doing any more updates on this page.
Posted 13 April 2009 at 17:48