Discussion Forum

lich lord of onx

When reborn came out I wanted to build this deck but it did not come out the right way. Some ideas please??

LANDS 24
10 islands
10 swamps
4 savage lands

CREATURES 28
3 lich lord of unx
3 jhessian zombies
3 grixix slavedriver
3 tidehollow strix
4 fatestitcher
4 death baron
4 vedalken ghoul
4 grixis grimblade

SPELLS 12
4 soul manipulation
1 mind funeral
4 cancel
3 dream fracture

type 2 only please.:)
Posted 06 May 2009 at 06:54

seems really interesting to me, i was actually thinking about building a zombie deck meself. I do have a few comments I'd like to share,
1. Crumbling Necropolis instead of Savage Lands. It covers all three of your colors.
2. Are you building this Alara block or T2? cuz all i see is alara right now.
3. Kathari Remnant, while amazing in limited formats, isn't all that great. You could definitely put a Shambling Remains in its spot and work slightly better.

It seems like you wanna win by using Lich Lord's ability, so want him alive to do it. Countermagic helps, but soul manipulation may not be your best bet.
I am curious though, what's your main focus about this deck? The Lich Lord? Zombies?
Posted 07 May 2009 at 08:28

lich lord and zombies for the blocking. Kathari Remnant is in for the fliers, and it's regenerates with deathtouch because of Death Baron and it gives skeletons and other zombies +1+1 and deathtouch. But i,m thicking about taking out the artifacts and some of the spells for counter spells.
Type 2.
Thank you for sharing.
Posted 08 May 2009 at 00:38

I modified the deck but it did not come out so well. Any suggestions??:confused:
type 2 block.
Posted 09 May 2009 at 03:28

Really the only thing I would do is add some counterspells, and maybe a couple of Brackwater Elementals, since it's a 4/4 for three mana that can be unearthed... Good luck with this deck, and message me if you still have problems.
Posted 10 May 2009 at 02:15

Well, there's a couple things.

You could turn into a full-on grixis and add some really sick zombies like shambling remains and dreadwing. also, if you're gonna do this as Type 2 and not alara block, you could add Lord of the Undead. Festering Goblin's pretty good too, also in 10th edition.
Posted 15 May 2009 at 04:35