Discussion Forum

a trade section

I believe a trade section for both WoW TCG and MTG would benefit a lot of people because I myself have a massive trade offer in the anything goes section, but I don't think a lot of people visit that section... And I know it would help me.
Posted 22 August 2010 at 21:47

It's deffinately worth considering, I'd like to see how many people would use it before proceeding though. Voice your opinion here peeps!
Posted 25 August 2010 at 07:16

I wouldn't trade over the internet with no guarantees unless the guy happens to live next door to me. Besides there's always ebay.
Posted 25 August 2010 at 07:41

Ok, I see your point... However I'm still wanting to get rid of these WoW cards...
Posted 25 August 2010 at 07:44

yeah trading and for sale section is needed.
Posted 30 August 2010 at 21:59

[QUOTE=Seth]I wouldn't trade over the internet with no guarantees unless the guy happens to live next door to me. Besides there's always ebay.[/QUOTE]

Would you be open to a for sale section that only came visible after (for example) 100 posts so you know the person your buying off comes on here regularly and isnt just someone trying to make a quick buck.

I only ask as i thought it would be a good idea as i have bought things from various reptile forums with no problems and you tend to get that the majority of people wouldnt buy off of anyone who wasnt trustworthy (new to the site)

So if for example if you or surewhynot, blueandwhite etc put cards up we would know that 99 - 100% of the time and it means all magic players on the site get a good deal on unwanted cards/decks.
Posted 09 February 2011 at 22:07

I think that would be pretty cool, though I can't actually do it. It's a good idea.
Posted 10 February 2011 at 07:29

[QUOTE=dannycolledge]Would you be open to a for sale section that only came visible after (for example) 100 posts so you know the person your buying off comes on here regularly and isnt just someone trying to make a quick buck.

I only ask as i thought it would be a good idea as i have bought things from various reptile forums with no problems and you tend to get that the majority of people wouldnt buy off of anyone who wasnt trustworthy (new to the site)

So if for example if you or surewhynot, blueandwhite etc put cards up we would know that 99 - 100% of the time and it means all magic players on the site get a good deal on unwanted cards/decks.[/QUOTE]

Well I have a lot of cards that I want to sell but I don't want to bother with worldwide shipping. I'm talking expensive cards here like 4 Force of Will, 4 Tarmogoyf, 4 Savannah, 4 Tropical Island and the list goes on.
So yes it would be nice if I could sell these but selling online isn't like selling to the guy next door. You have to ship, track, things can go wrong, insurance on shipping makes the cards very expensive, ebay and paypal are expensive, etc...
Posted 10 February 2011 at 08:44

[QUOTE=Seth]Well I have a lot of cards that I want to sell but I don't want to bother with worldwide shipping. I'm talking expensive cards here like 4 Force of Will, 4 Tarmogoyf, 4 Savannah, 4 Tropical Island and the list goes on.
So yes it would be nice if I could sell these but selling online isn't like selling to the guy next door. You have to ship, track, things can go wrong, insurance on shipping makes the cards very expensive, ebay and paypal are expensive, etc...[/QUOTE]

Yeah very good point. But you could always ask the person who's buying how they want it shipping. I use worldwide shipping quite a lot n have found its not to bad but i always tell people if they want things insuring or tracking they have to pay for it as it costs a fortune and i always keep proof of posting and in all fairness out of probably 10,000 orders i've only ever had 1 problem and it was quickly resolved.

With the force of wills and really expensive cards I dont know what to suggest I was just thinking for like playsets of cheap rares like £10 - £20 but you could put up anything you like. But like I said you just don't sell to someone you dont trust so if some new user comes on wanting your force of wills even though they might take offence just say sorry you haven't been around long enough for me to send them to you. I know I wouldn't send for Jace's to a new user.
Posted 10 February 2011 at 22:14

I wouldn't need it but still, I think it's a good idea... About the worldwide shipping, for me it's just too risky, but that's me!
Posted 11 February 2011 at 19:23

Yeah i know what you mean crackjunior a lot of ebay sellers won't sell to spain or italy not sure bout portugal though
Posted 11 February 2011 at 23:20

if i may add to this section, i have a couple of ideas that could make this a really strong part of the site.

the best way to organise trading is visually. lists are all well and good but as players we like to see the cards.

being as there is already a database of cards (and a draw-hand function for decks) you could use this resource easily to create a platform for trading.

you would add cards to your "tradeables" in exactly the same way you would add cards to a deck in The Vault.

your collection would therefore be much like a deck. viewable, showing the content, any appropriate description etc and also allowing people to comment on said collection would be a good way to implement discussion over prices, postage and feedback.

all of this already exists within the site within the deckbuilder. you would simply have to change the names around a bit.

now for the more difficult bit. the "draw sample hand" function could be adapted to visually show specific stacks of cards that you wish to trade, or acquire. members of the site could send 'stacks' to each other to initiate a trade, and remove or add cards to a stack during the bargaining process.
the logistics of this should be fairly simple. all you are doing is making the cards shown by the 'draw sample hand' routine more specific.

being able to open up a dialogue between members, where both members can see both sides of a trade, shown visually in two "sample hands" or 'stacks' is more tricky, but the framework for this already exists within the site.

but yeah. the site has the makings of a supreme trading tool. all the bare-bones are there already.
Posted 17 February 2011 at 11:52

I think a trade section would be good. I am looking for older cards that I am having trouble finding. I am looking for Kavus and Convoke stuff to name some.
Posted 04 March 2011 at 21:57

I agree with adding a trading aspect to the site. This would increase member turnout, and make people who don't use this site as often as others more likely to stay loyal to the site. I for one, have been looking for a trading site, and have thus far failed at finding one. I've got cards that are good but I will likely never use, and I'm sure there are tons of people out there who have cards that I need but will likely never use. Being able to contact them easily through a site like this would be an amazing tool.

An idea I have for making this aspect of the site viable, would be,
Make a wish list,
Make a trade list,
Make it so that when a card on your wish list, matches up with someones trade list, they link under a tab.
Add in a chat window,
And put a disclaimer on the site, and allow rating for a persons trade integrity.
Posted 16 October 2012 at 10:12

Trades/marketplace is probably the first thing we'll be working on after launching v3! :)
Posted 17 October 2012 at 19:34