Discussion Forum

Top Rated Decks & The Replacement

Just a super quick update;

Because of all the cheating that has been going on from people trying to get to the top of the "top rated decks" list on the homepage we've decided to remove the list, if there's nothing to gain from cheating then the cheating won't happen and the deck ratings will actually mean something! We'll try and come up with something in the future like a top 100 list or something, but for now it's staying off.

However... We've replaced the "top rated decks" list with a new (and rather interesting) feature... a list of the most used cards in the last month. This shows the number of cards across the database that have been added to decks in the past month, showing you the most popular cards being used in decks at the moment, check it out! :)
Posted 24 August 2010 at 12:40

Changed to the number of single instance in a deck i.e. if you have 99x it'll count as 1 towards the total and if you have 99 seperate 1x it'll still count as 1 towards the total. This is a lower count and less accurate numbers, but at least it'll stop the sillys! :P

Thanks to piratejoe here: http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=88553 for spotting this one!
Posted 24 August 2010 at 16:31

Whoo! Thank you guys for adressing the problem of the cheaters ^^ maybe you could come up with some interesting replacement for it after like, eh 3-6 months? Just to switch it up... im not hating i really love it but, like maybe once do the least used cards on the vault, or something like that. Just a thought, but keep up the good work guys ^^b
Posted 24 August 2010 at 22:03

how about a search by rating option in the deck search?
a "Rated Only" check box would suffice.
Posted 25 August 2010 at 02:12

I'm afraid this would give us the same problem; people cheating in order to get to the top of the list, the only difference would be it'd be on the deck search rather than the homepage. :(

We need some way of stopping the cheaters before we give any way of browsing/ordering decks by rating I think.
Posted 25 August 2010 at 07:14

While I do love the fact that you are taking our views into consideration, I think there is still the main issue of commenting. I don't think the "cheaters" were necessary the worst of the problems, more of that no one is really getting input on their decks. Since this was one of the main points of this site, I find it a little frustrating that my hard work of creating a deck goes to waste.

Please don't misunderstand me, I think the update was an improvement from the earlier version. All I ask is that this site returns to its roots where everyone was ready to help each other and draw inspiration from one another's decks.

:)
Posted 28 August 2010 at 05:16

I agree, when putting a deck up and getting it commented is kind of a hassle, it really takes away from the whole experience. If possible (and we're talking down the line here) I'd think you'd want to make the site a little more 'Web 2.0' and have articles posted there as well as blogs and stuff.
Posted 29 August 2010 at 09:36

Twitter, Facebook, Profile pages, reputation system, micro badges, revamped deck building etc they are all on their way :)
Posted 30 August 2010 at 19:21

My God...it's full of stars! I'm actually really excited for that stuff, this site's fantastic and I want to see it do well.
Posted 31 August 2010 at 03:00

hey pleeeeeeease check out my decks..please
Posted 31 August 2010 at 07:22

A "cards least used" list would be great. Could possibly give deckbuilders a challenge.
Posted 31 August 2010 at 23:28

[quote=JundMage]A "cards least used" list would be great. Could possibly give deckbuilders a challenge.[/quote]

It would have to take in to account only certain sets of cards else we'll just end of with a list of old useless cards that nobody has put in decks for months! ;)
Posted 01 September 2010 at 11:12

at the head of that list: the cards that just turn cards other colors. I cannot remember their names off the top of my head.
Posted 01 September 2010 at 14:59

[QUOTE=Hazzard0us]how about a search by rating option in the deck search?
a "Rated Only" check box would suffice.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid this would give us the same problem; people cheating in order to get to the top of the list, the only difference would be it'd be on the deck search rather than the homepage.
Posted 28 September 2010 at 12:47

User w/ deck of the fortnight gets to be added to the list of judges?
Posted 15 March 2011 at 05:46