Discussion Forum

Just a Couple Noobish Questions~

Hey. ^^ I'm kind of a noob at Magic, and I have a couple questions.

First off is a card I have- Petrahydrox. It reads: When Petrahydrox becomes the target of a spell or ability, return Petrahydrox to it owner's hand.

Does this include attacks, or just instants and abilities? What about enchantments? Also, if this does refer to attacks as well, does that mean I would take the damage that would be dealt to it? I simply do not understand this card. ):

Also. Are you ready? This one's pretty noobish. Prepare yourself. If I were to counter a spell, does said spell go back into my opponent's hand, or the graveyard?

Thank you for your help! ^^
Posted 11 June 2009 at 13:36

An attack is not a spell or an ability so Petrahydrox won't return to your hand if you use it to block - that would be way too good! :D

I believe when an Aura Enchantment is played it requires a target so for these, yes, Petrahydrox would return to your hand (might need somebody to back me up on this one as I'm not 100%).

If you counter a spell it goes to your opponent's graveyard, they still cast the spell, you just nullified it.
Posted 12 June 2009 at 08:44

[QUOTE=Gary]An attack is not a spell or an ability so Petrahydrox won't return to your hand if you use it to block - that would be way too good! :D

I believe when an Aura Enchantment is played it requires a target so for these, yes, Petrahydrox would return to your hand (might need somebody to back me up on this one as I'm not 100%).

If you counter a spell it goes to your opponent's graveyard, they still cast the spell, you just nullified it.[/QUOTE]

A card with shroud can not be targetted with an enchantment so yes an enchantment would trigger Petrahydrox's ability to return to the opponents hand.
Posted 12 June 2009 at 13:13