Discussion Forum

New Kid on a Tall Feeling Block

hiya guys, just introducing myself to the community, brand new to this game, so much so im designing decks on here before ive actually played a game (Thats going to change this sunday)

Just wondering if people would be willing to help me in the design of my deck, its a major work in progress and considering the scale of this game, i dont expect to perfect this deck in at least the next 5 years, so im always looking for advice for improvements (im basically letting the whole site get together and design an "all star" deck of sorts)

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=20773

This is my current revision of my deck (V 1.0), im just asking people on here if this is a fairly good start for someone who hasnt actually seen a card yet. Does it need finetuning or throwing out and restarting altogether?

Thanks in advance
IceShade
Posted 17 June 2009 at 17:47

Latest Revision: (V 1.0)

Latest Updates: Added banefire, as it just looks sick with the amount of lands i have in the deck
Posted 17 June 2009 at 18:43

sort fo newbie myself but keep in mind that if your going to do touneys a lot of your cards shift out of standard play on july 11th.
Posted 17 June 2009 at 19:14

yeah im planning to be tournament gaming, where can i find the new banned list on july 11th?
Posted 17 June 2009 at 19:36

[QUOTE=IceShade]yeah im planning to be tournament gaming, where can i find the new banned list on july 11th?[/QUOTE]

well the 3 sets being pushed out are tenth edition, shadowmoor and lowryn. any cards in the sets won't be allowed unless they've been reprinted in the new magic 10 core set and until the full spoiler leaks we won't know which ones. My poor platinum angels and my shroud deck are getting decimated.
Posted 17 June 2009 at 19:51

there eliminating three entire sets?! im not well intune with the game but surely thats a bit OTT?
Posted 17 June 2009 at 19:53

[QUOTE=IceShade]there eliminating three entire sets?! im not well intune with the game but surely thats a bit OTT?[/QUOTE]

well it's all one set the tenth edition and it's two expansions bad wording on my part.
Posted 17 June 2009 at 19:59

even still, thats alot of cards being taken out of the loop
i might wait until jul 11th to create my starting tourney decks

does anyone happen to have a site which shows tournament locations?
Posted 17 June 2009 at 20:00

[QUOTE=IceShade]even still, thats alot of cards being taken out of the loop
i might wait until jul 11th to create my starting tourney decks

does anyone happen to have a site which shows tournament locations?[/QUOTE]

magicthegathering.com has a box to put your zipcode and find weekly play events and retailers.
Posted 17 June 2009 at 20:05

Fantastic, thanks for that :)
Posted 17 June 2009 at 21:43

when 2010 comes out on selfs only one set is out that is 10th edition.
Posted 19 June 2009 at 06:37