Discussion Forum

Coming back to magic

Hey, ex player coming back to magic(started with 7th ed and invasion, quit at scourge.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=20766 this is the only complete deck i have left lol.

Well enough with the intro's and let's get straight to the point, I recently bought the Alara Reborn Precon Dead ahead. I went ahead and fiddled with it by adding some of the basic cards that were really needed in my opinion. Can you suggest any thing to add to this.This is basically more of a blast&destroy deck and lacks the old combos i used to play with my previous casual deck.

This is the deck so far

Lands
8 mountains
8 swamps
2 Terramorphic expanse

Creatures
3 Igneous Pouncer
4 Singemind Ogre
4 Sewn Eye Drake
1 Lightning Reaver
1 Deathbringer Thoctar
2 Dredgescape Ghoul
1 Blood Cultist
2 Sanity Gnawers

Spells
4 Terminate
2 Blightning
1 Bituminous Blast
1 Cruel Edict
4 Breath Of Malfegor

Artifacts
1 Veinfire Bloodpost

Total of 50 cards, Im limiting myself to the 60 deck standard. I need your opinion on what I need to add or subtract though I have suggestions(using what the deck lacks) of my own i need your opinions.

3 Cruel Edict
2 Blightning
3 Bituminous Blast
2 Lightning Reaver/ 2 Deathbringer Thoctar/ 1 LB and 1 DT

So far ive played with this deck by destroying any early creatures with cards like terminate, bituminous blast and cruel edict. By my fourth(third if i get the blood post) turn i pull out the singemind ogre for a quick random damage or the sewn eye drake for a quick 3/1 hit. By my fifth i use the breath of malfegor for a hefty 5 damage. And just repeat till my enemy is dead.

However Ive just been playing against my friends and classmates whose decks I know and guarantees me atleast a 2:1 W/L ratio in a BO3 game. I feel like this deck will lose if i face against an opponent with quick massing capabilities, counterspell decks or even weenie decks as my creatures can be quickly killed by 1/1 or even 2/2 creatures.

If you suggest going over the 60 card limit im going to add some blue cards to make use of cards like cancel, and soul manipulation.

PS Im making this deck for tourney's but since my break from magic ive lost the ability to judge cards, make card combos or even know the cards at all.
Posted 21 June 2009 at 13:35

to post a comment.