Discussion Forum

virtual games

are there any way to test your deck against people online cause i dont want to buy card and make myself a deck then lern that what i maked was bad
so please support me:)
Posted 08 December 2010 at 22:12

1) I like it. I like it a lot.
2) the lawyers won't like it.

3) until then, use the draw sample hand button at the top of the deck page to draw a hand. I like to use this to shadow box one of my real decks with the hand shown on the compy
Posted 09 December 2010 at 03:15

As SilverTabby said, we'd probably get a nasty letter from Wizards if we started to do this!

There was a site that got closed down recently because they enabled you to draft online... but can't remember what it was! Wizards aren't as bad as they used to be in the past, but it's still not worth the risk!

Cheers

Ian
Posted 09 December 2010 at 09:50

I've heard the MTG Workshop does this..since it's not entirely step by step card by card magic.
Posted 09 December 2010 at 21:11

What about cockatrice? They made a deck challenge program, perhaps there is a loophole in the copyright laws?
There is also the deck tester program used by mtgdeckbuilder.net you can't actually play a game but if the programmers for this site were to make a program similar to this we could test the deck before buying the cards, would be a great tool.
Posted 16 October 2012 at 10:23

I'll take a look at their tool sometime! :)
Posted 17 October 2012 at 19:36

[QUOTE=Ian]
There was a site that got closed down recently because they enabled you to draft online... but can't remember what it was!
Cheers

Ian[/QUOTE]

For those who care, it was magicdraftsim.com
Posted 17 October 2012 at 20:07

for people who want to play magic online, or test their decks you can use cockatrice.

http://cockatrice.de/

i use it myself and it works great, and has a great community. mostly friendly people, and good players as well.
personaly i only play legacy on cockatrice but theres always someone willing to play.

usually when im on, there's a good 500-800 other people online.
Posted 22 October 2012 at 09:03

did i mention that its free? and looks/ plays, better than the official mtgo?
Posted 25 October 2012 at 20:32