Discussion Forum

Stories of epic greatness

We've all had ridiculous, epic, never-again-in-a-million-years moments in the games of Magic we've played. So tell us yours! :D
Posted 18 December 2010 at 03:24

My favorite moment that ever happened to me in Magic was when I was at an FNM, the craziest thing happened. I was playing my Grixis Control Deck and my opponent was playing some Ramp Deck and we were 1-1 in the Finals, so it was all down to this. Alright, so what happened was just tapped out for Pelakka Wurm, and me, having no Cards in Hand and nothing but Lands (13 Mana open) couldn't do anything to stop it and was at very low Life (I think like 3) and he was at 5 (now 12, thanks to Pelakka Wurm). Then, I drew the DCI Promo of Slave of Bolas, cast it on the Pelakka Wurm, brought him down to 5 Life, sacrificed it, and drew a Cruel Ultimatum which I cast to win the game. I walked away feeling like a total badass with my 12 Shards of Alara Booster Packs, and it was the first FNM I won, as well as the first FNM I attended. Best friday night of my life.
Posted 21 December 2010 at 19:40

[QUOTE=Aaboy66]My favorite moment that ever happened to me in Magic was when I was at an FNM, the craziest thing happened. I was playing my Grixis Control Deck and my opponent was playing some Ramp Deck and we were 1-1 in the Finals, so it was all down to this. Alright, so what happened was just tapped out for Pelakka Wurm, and me, having no Cards in Hand and nothing but Lands (13 Mana open) couldn't do anything to stop it and was at very low Life (I think like 3) and he was at 5 (now 12, thanks to Pelakka Wurm). Then, I drew the DCI Promo of Slave of Bolas, cast it on the Pelakka Wurm, brought him down to 5 Life, sacrificed it, and drew a Cruel Ultimatum which I cast to win the game. I walked away feeling like a total badass with my 12 Shards of Alara Booster Packs, and it was the first FNM I won, as well as the first FNM I attended. Best friday night of my life.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the close games where it feels like youre going to loose until the right card comes up. It's all about the draw.
Posted 22 December 2010 at 14:59

So in honor of its debut on the Top Decks list, I pulled out my deck, "Little Bastards" and played a few games with my friends. In the last game (because they made me change decks :D) my opening hand was

2 x Lotus Petal
2 x Mox Opal
1 x Great Furnace
1 x Empty the Warrens
1 x Kuldotha Rebirth

I went second in the order and drew a Raid Bombardment.

So I played my first turn like this:

Drop both Petals, the Furnace, and one of the Opals, tap the Opal to play Kuldotha Rebirth and sac that Opal. Play the second Opal and tap it and the Furnace and sac the two Petals to play Empty the Warrens "stormed" 5 times. :D

My next turn I drew another Furnace, played Bombardment and won. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Posted 23 December 2010 at 06:03

Background:
After a 10 year hiatus from MTG a friend bought me a MTGO account. Not wanting to spend any money on “fake” cards I proceeded to build myself the only deck I knew… White/Blue Mill.
Spent about 10 tickets getting an assortment of super cheap mill cards, including millstone (I know) and a tormod’s crypt (just in case kids these days still use Feldon’s Cane lol). I have no idea what you guys are playing these days.

First game on MTGO not playing against my friend:
Someguy – Playing a black deck
Me – Playing a super weak and cheap and out of date, Blue/White mill deck.

About turn 6-7.
Me - Of course I had nothing going for myself, a couple of lands out, a millstone, a hedron crab.
Someguy – Cast a spell (I forgot what), proceeded to search his library and removed ALL his creatures into the graveyard

Next turn.
Me – Draw the 1 Tormod’s Crypt I have in my deck. Cast and Sac.
Someguy – “Someguy conceded the game”

EPIC (I thought).

Lmao. :D
Posted 28 December 2010 at 18:50