Discussion Forum

Burn/Counter

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=155237

Would like to use something like this in some local tournaments, Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated?

Thanks

PS: also unable to post under MTG Deck Development & Discussion, mailed admin hopefully they can sort this out.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 08:22

Is mana leak still standard? It would be better then cancel. You should smooth out your mana curve, right now it misses CC2 spells.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 08:27

Essence Scatter isn't standard-legal btw, it rotated with M10. Also, the 4-mana land destro spells are really bad, you should replace that with either more burn, more counterspells, or more Jace. 4 Scalding Tarn wouldn't hurt either.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 09:15

Nightloki, the land destroy cards what's bad about them anything specific or is it that they are expensive?

Scalding Tarn looks nice, should i drop 4 lands and add in or just add in the 4
Are you talking about Jace's Erasure and Jace's Ingenuity?

any specific other cards to suggest?
Posted 03 March 2011 at 10:20

the destroy land cards are bad because they won't have a very big imact on the game. You need to focus your deck.

With Jave he probably means the Mindsculptor.

As for the fetchland you should drop 4 lands and add the fetchland. You land count is high enough as it is.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 12:19

i'd consider replacing Lava Axe with something like Red Sun's Zenith.

it would give you a lot more flexibility in what you can target and at what cost you can cast it. and it recycles.

that flexibility is more than worth the one extra mana per damage.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 15:18

ok, updated

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=155237

dropped lava axe for Red Sun's Zenith, brought in scalding tarn and brought in arc trail to bring my 2 mana cost up, can someone confirm if mana leak is legal, will replace cancel with that if it's not a problem
Posted 03 March 2011 at 16:42

yup, Mana Leak was in M11 so it's still legal in Standard.
Posted 03 March 2011 at 17:49

sweet, thanks

so updated
Posted 03 March 2011 at 18:15

try pyromancer ascension.
Posted 05 March 2011 at 02:06

Yeah, Pyromancer Ascension!

A friend of mine uses a Creatureless burn/control deck with P.A. It's helle powerful, but you need to master the timing just right, not for amateurs like me tho.
Posted 05 March 2011 at 09:18

Yeah, Pyromancer Ascension!

A friend of mine uses a Creatureless burn/control deck with P.A> It's hella powerful, but you need to master the timing just right, not for amateurs like me tho.
Posted 05 March 2011 at 09:22

Any tips on how to play? I'm definatly an amature just thought this deck would be awesome to play with.
Posted 06 March 2011 at 12:43