Discussion Forum

Help/Opinion? Black/White Infect Deck

Hello everyone :)

I am new to this community and I've been playing around with the deck creator. Here is what I've come with so far.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=160862

The main goal of the deck is to boost the infect creature type as much as possible, while making everything shroud (Exccept for me). I'd probably enter some feast and famine in there for the phyrexian crusader (Infect+First Strike+ protection from 4 color for the win).

Kokusho is there to heal me when I need or simply finish some weak player (Knell + Grave pact combo for the win?)

Yosei is there to help me get the infect pass right through a player defense. (Again, knell + Grave).

Everything is shroud for the ennemy with the Privilegied position, however, I can still sacrifice my own creature like yosei or koshuro with a Go for the throat or a Doom Blade when in need.

Any tought? Idea? Suggestions?

Ps, I know that I have a lots of cards in that deck... But I dont know what I could remove to make it a 60 card deck. Its wy I got some tutor inside and probably some fetch land.

Thanks in advance :)
Posted 15 March 2011 at 08:43

Moved to Eternal
Posted 15 March 2011 at 08:45

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Posted 16 March 2011 at 10:38

It's just a very strange build mate. Kokusho and Yosei are by far the strongest cards in your deck yet your focus is not on these cards. Infect doesn't work well with regular damage. Then there are all the strange choices like grave pact without really abusing the card. A grave pact that isn't being abused is a waste of a card slot.
Bad Moon is just bad.
Privileged Position isn't doing much for the deck.
Khalni Gem is quite possibly one of the worst cards ever printed.
You don't need Citanul Flute, play something like Phyrexian Arena instead.

Not trying to judge but if I were you I would make a choice. Either go infect all the way and abuse the hell out of that or drop infect all together.
Posted 16 March 2011 at 12:39

i'd have to agree about splitting infect.

you either go 100% infect or 0% ...any mix of infect and regular damage basically means you're trying to kill your opponents twice.

if you have more copies of Kokusho and Yosei it would be worth playing a full set of each...playing a second Kokusho and letting the legendary rule send them both to the graveyard can be devastating.

something that lets you fetch things in your graveyard would also help.
Posted 16 March 2011 at 13:56

Thanks for the info, comments and idea :)

But I think that keeping yosei to untap 5 possibly defending permanent before striking with boosted infect creature can be really rewarding.

About Kokusho, I plan to play this build in either 1v1 or in multiplayer table (4+). I was seeking a way to kill weakened oponent (Since infect is mostly against 1 target at a time and not meant to be played in multiplayer game (Except with some proliferate)) while healing myself to survive against non-infect opponent.

I'll remove grave pact.

The citanul flute are present since I think to focus on my Phyrexian crusader (by buying 4x Sword of feast and famine). So, I'd like to be able to get them out as soon as needed.

Khalni gems seems a pretty good choice for a two collored deck for example, when you need a certain color but doesn't have any land to place on the battleground.

What else could I use insteed of them?
Posted 17 March 2011 at 10:01

Khalni Gem is only good if your group is nice enough not to shoot it down but if they do you are set back 2 turns. That's why I wouldn't risk playing it.

I do get the yosei strategy and it's a pretty good one, if you go that way maybe including a land like High Market would be a good strategy. You want to be able to sac Yosei when it bests suits you.

As for mana producers you can play Coalition Relic, Darksteel Ignot or just simply Orzhov Signet or Mind Stone. If you want something more like Khalni Gem try Armillary Sphere. I don't know if you think it's competitive enough but I've always liked what it does.
Posted 17 March 2011 at 10:21

First of all, thanks a lot for helping me around :)

High Market is also really interesting! I had in mind to use a Go for the Throat or a Doom Blade to get rid of it, but I agree that having a High Market land your facilitate the job way faster.

I might also get myself 1 or 2 Diamond Valley insteed.

Should I get some Fetch Land?

Also, I use Khalni and or another artifact generator mainly because of Privilegied Position. That way, they cant be targeted by a destroy artifact spell or Lux cannon or anything else, the only way to get rid of it is a destroy all permanent ;)
Posted 17 March 2011 at 10:48

[QUOTE=LordAzuRa]I might also get myself 1 or 2 Diamond Valley insteed.
[/QUOTE]

You do realize that 1 Diamond Valley costs more then your entire deck together right?

Fetch is nice when you play duals. Godless Shrine if you want to limit the cost, Scrubland if you want to go all the way (Scrubland is one of the cheaper duals so that's still ok I guess if you want to invest).

Still the way this deck looks right now I would go easy on the investment for now and just playtest and finetune using cheap cards. Owning a Diamond Valley is always nice though if you ever start playing EDH but I would not buy 2 my self.
Scrubland or Godless Shrine or fetchland is also an investment you'll reuse over and over again for future decks so you'll not really waste money if the deck doesn't work out. Just don't ever trade them away for crap cards. These cards only rise in value while most cards only drop.

Like you said yourself Proliferate is the way to go when you play infect in multiplayer. I would concider including some of that.
Posted 17 March 2011 at 12:42

I'll check what I can do about the proliferate ;)

About the diamon valley, they are about 120$ a piece, when all my deck at the moment is 100% Foil, its about a 300-400$ value so far. I could consider to buy at least one.

I'll check for the other two land.

Thansk again ;)
Posted 17 March 2011 at 21:06

Should I use Coldsteel Star insteed of the khalni?
Posted 18 March 2011 at 07:53

if it was my deck here is what i would take out:

vampiric tutor (i just tend to stay away from banned/restricted cards people usually hate when you play them.)
kokusho (he doesn't really fit in an infect deck.)
yosei (same reason, if you like them, just use them in a different deck.)
khalani gem (i just don't see the point of it in this deck.)
privileged position (i wouldn't take it out, but i'd move it to the sideboard.)
debtor's knell (it would help if your creatures are in the graveyard, but no point in taking their dead creature, unless you are just using them to block. or add some cards such as Phyresis or Tainted Strike)

i just see those cards as unfocused in an infect deck. and if you took those out, you'd have alot of room for some other cards that focus in on the deck more.
Posted 27 March 2011 at 16:11

[QUOTE=hello4am]if it was my deck here is what i would take out:

vampiric tutor (i just tend to stay away from banned/restricted cards people usually hate when you play them.)
kokusho (he doesn't really fit in an infect deck.)
yosei (same reason, if you like them, just use them in a different deck.)
khalani gem (i just don't see the point of it in this deck.)
privileged position (i wouldn't take it out, but i'd move it to the sideboard.)
debtor's knell (it would help if your creatures are in the graveyard, but no point in taking their dead creature, unless you are just using them to block. or add some cards such as Phyresis or Tainted Strike)

i just see those cards as unfocused in an infect deck. and if you took those out, you'd have alot of room for some other cards that focus in on the deck more.[/QUOTE]

Thanks thats a great help!

Here is what I've changed.

Probably removed the Kokusho

I'll keep yosei to untap target deffender, however, i'll gift it with phyresis or Tainted Strike as suggested :)

Removed the Khalni Gem for 4x Gilded Lotus or 2x Gilded Lotus and 2x Thran Dynamo. I'll use them as mana accelerator since I have a lots of high casting cost.

Privilegied position moved to sidebord, ill take them only if I know that someone as disenchant.

Thanks again, ill post an updated version soon :)

Here is the updated version : http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=160862

I also added 4x Terramorphic Expanse to thin the deck a little.
Posted 30 March 2011 at 09:40