Discussion Forum

Mtg Vault Have list

Would be nice with a mtg vault Have list, to store your own cards online
Posted 02 April 2011 at 11:29

It would be an interesting feature for sure. For example, when you create a deck it could reference the cards in the deck list and use symbology to express whether or not you own that card. Or even more impressive, when somebody mentions a card in a comment, the MTGVault system would be given the intelligence to notify whether or not the deck maker has that card in their collection. There could be a lot of databasing power given to users with a feature like this.

The problem is, some of us have so many cards we don't even know what's in our collection, let alone spending the few days it'd take to upload the list online, let alone the week or two it'd take to organize our collection into something that could be translated into a list. Even if I'd take the time to go through all of that, I doubt the more casual collectors would take the time to sort through their couple hundred cards. It is a feature that, while I like the possible implications, only a very few of us would use and would require way too much work (to build something beyond just a list, give it some sort of relevance) for just a few of us to enjoy.
Posted 02 April 2011 at 22:10

[QUOTE=SavajCabbaj]It would be an interesting feature for sure. For example, when you create a deck it could reference the cards in the deck list and use symbology to express whether or not you own that card. Or even more impressive, when somebody mentions a card in a comment, the MTGVault system would be given the intelligence to notify whether or not the deck maker has that card in their collection. There could be a lot of databasing power given to users with a feature like this.

The problem is, some of us have so many cards we don't even know what's in our collection, let alone spending the few days it'd take to upload the list online, let alone the week or two it'd take to organize our collection into something that could be translated into a list. Even if I'd take the time to go through all of that, I doubt the more casual collectors would take the time to sort through their couple hundred cards. It is a feature that, while I like the possible implications, only a very few of us would use and would require way too much work (to build something beyond just a list, give it some sort of relevance) for just a few of us to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know what you mean i have thousands and it'd take me ages to list them all spent 3 full days a few weeks ago sorting them into colour, rarity and alphabetical order lol easy to find what i want now although the mrs wasnt impressed
Posted 04 April 2011 at 20:07

[QUOTE=SavajCabbaj]It would be an interesting feature for sure. For example, when you create a deck it could reference the cards in the deck list and use symbology to express whether or not you own that card. Or even more impressive, when somebody mentions a card in a comment, the MTGVault system would be given the intelligence to notify whether or not the deck maker has that card in their collection. There could be a lot of databasing power given to users with a feature like this.

The problem is, some of us have so many cards we don't even know what's in our collection, let alone spending the few days it'd take to upload the list online, let alone the week or two it'd take to organize our collection into something that could be translated into a list. Even if I'd take the time to go through all of that, I doubt the more casual collectors would take the time to sort through their couple hundred cards. It is a feature that, while I like the possible implications, only a very few of us would use and would require way too much work (to build something beyond just a list, give it some sort of relevance) for just a few of us to enjoy.[/QUOTE]
I agree... my collection is close to the 6000 card mark...
Breaking it down and collecting information on every card would take so long... I had a hard enough time separating the Standard legals cards from the Legacy and Vintage cards... Well, for all the stuff I had stored. New cards were obvious.
And now that I think of it, I have well over 6000 cards... I have 4 loaded 1000 count boxes, 2 loaded 600 count boxes, a loaded 800 count box, and about 6 or 7 deckboxes loaded with cards... not to mention my binder and cards that are still semi-loose in booster boxes XD

Although a collection list would still be nice... just need some kinda high speed card scanner LOL
Posted 05 April 2011 at 07:02