Discussion Forum

value of The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale???

I have an italian signed "The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale" from legends and I am wondering how much it is worth. Condition NM // Sighned // Italian language.

Was looking online but couldn't find anything.
Posted 30 May 2011 at 05:49

around 200$, give or take if you get lucky and find a buyer crazy enough to pay you that much for an Italian Legend

Personally I would give you a 100 Euro for it (that's about 140$) if you accept Paypal and are willing to ship to belgium.
Posted 30 May 2011 at 08:37

thanks but no thanks. the english one is worth 300 and I saw one sell for 260 on ebay. Not sure if the italian is much lower or higher but hoping that the signed copy will raise the value of it as I haven't seen a signed copy before.

Also thats is what my question really is... how much is a signed copy worth?
Posted 30 May 2011 at 09:18

[QUOTE=Taikou]thanks but no thanks. the english one is worth 300 and I saw one sell for 260 on ebay. Not sure if the italian is much lower or higher but hoping that the signed copy will raise the value of it as I haven't seen a signed copy before.

Also thats is what my question really is... how much is a signed copy worth?[/QUOTE]

Italian will always be lower then the English version and signed or not depends on the buyer. Some people like it some really don't. Signed or not usually doesn't impact the price.

Why anyone would want to pay 260$ for a card that hardly sees any play in legacy is beyond me.
Posted 30 May 2011 at 11:24

not sure... just saying thats what people are paying. Local card shops are paying 175-200.
Posted 30 May 2011 at 23:30

[QUOTE=Taikou]not sure... just saying thats what people are paying. Local card shops are paying 175-200.[/QUOTE]

Personally I would keep the card if I were you unless you really need the cash. I sold mine last year and now I regret it. Not that I would play it in the current meta but as a collector it's a nice card to have.

If you do want to sell and if a store is paying 200$ then that's a sweet deal for no effort on your part. Ebay costs money and so does paypal.

Another option is to go to a legacy tournament and trade it away for some good cards like duals. Or go to the guy orgenizing the tournament and ask if he is interested in buying. Orgenizers often buy cards.

Leaving it in your trademap until you can do a monster trade isn't a bad option either, as long as you don't feel pressured to get rid of it.
Posted 31 May 2011 at 07:26

yah, I thougt about holding onto it and checking if the value continues to go up, but I've spent way to much on magic in the last several months and would like to redeem some of that money. Going to try to sell about a grand worth in cards. This card and 2 bazaar of baghdad cards should help get most of that.
Posted 31 May 2011 at 07:39

Who's it signed by? The artist? I've always that signed cards are worth less. I don't think signed magic cards is like signed sports memorabilia. I may be wrong though.
Posted 03 June 2011 at 20:40

pete, it all depends on the buyer. Generally on the older cards, people are okay with 'em signed, but there's enough variance that you couldn't just say 'yeah, it's worth more'.
Posted 03 June 2011 at 23:09

Ya, I guess it would depend on the buyer (in pretty much any market). I just figured that since the artists aren't quite as known to the world as, say, a pro athelete, that a signature is harder to authenticate, or varify is real. Get what I'm saying? I know we, as magic players, know the artists, but I don't think they are widely known.
Posted 03 June 2011 at 23:13

Thanks for all the advice and info. I'm going to put it up on ebay within the next day or two and see what happens to it. If you're someone who is interested look for it on ebay, I'll post in on June 4 or 5th probably.
Posted 04 June 2011 at 09:23