Discussion Forum

How to install and set up Magic Workstation

So you've just finished building an awesome deck here. If only you could test the deck against some real life people without having to shell out the money to buy the cards outright.

Enter Magic Workstation.

MWS allows you to set up a virtual deck, much like this site does, however it also has game rooms where you can play 1 on 1 against people all over the world.

I'm going a 2 part series on installing and using MWS. Check it out over on my blog:
http://ggxgames.blogspot.com/2011/06/setting-up-magic-workstation-for-magic.html
Posted 02 June 2011 at 03:30

I didn't like MWS because they're really slow whenever it comes to updating sets. They didn't have MBS 3 weeks after it launched so I said to hell with it and downloaded Cockatrice instead....It's certainly a lot of fun and not a bad alternative.
Posted 02 June 2011 at 16:07

the thing with mws is they haven't updated in ages! but thats ok, usually mtgsalvation has the text spoilers so you just save them and upload the new set. I forget the actual steps but i believe it is something like this:

click on tools tab(i think) and select add/analyse set.

Then you upload from hardrive the saved text spoiler that you want to add and put in its appropriate acronym (Besieged = MBS, New Phyrexia = NPH, etc)

then you select the next tab and change land in packs from 0 to 1.

this is very rough as i haven't updated mws since nph was spoiled lol but if you google it you'll find it. or click on Rabbits link as im sure he has the full and complete steps(sorry rabbit, i can't go on certain forums from work)
Posted 02 June 2011 at 17:04

[QUOTE=Scotty1700]I didn't like MWS because they're really slow whenever it comes to updating sets. They didn't have MBS 3 weeks after it launched so I said to hell with it and downloaded Cockatrice instead....It's certainly a lot of fun and not a bad alternative.[/QUOTE]

MWS doesn't update. Ever.

The last time MWS was updated was in 2005. It is the community that puts out the new card sets, and they are available just as soon as the entire set is spoiled.
Posted 03 June 2011 at 00:22

Part 2 is up.
http://ggxgames.blogspot.com/2011/06/magic-workstation-part-2.html
Posted 03 June 2011 at 03:48