Discussion Forum

Help finding a card

So I used to have a red deck and I remember winning this one game with a certain combo.
My opponent attack, I buffed the heck out of one of his creatures, redirected the damage to him, then used overblaze (if necessary) to win. It was such a fun combo to play because my opponent was always confused as heck when I started buffing his creature, then when it all came together there was the transition from 'wtf are you doing??' to the 'oh F&$#' look on their face that was just priceless.
I am trying to put this combo back together in the red and green (elf) warrior deck I'm making (because it was just so much fun!), but I can not find or remember the card I used to redirect the damage. Plus I want to use it in conjunction with Wirewood Pride to really pack a punch!
I'm pretty sure it was a red card, but I can't remember for sure (it was a while ago).

Does anyone know what card it might have been?
Or any others that will redirect damage a creature does to it's controller/target?
Posted 08 June 2011 at 03:20

[QUOTE=20draws10]So I used to have a red deck and I remember winning this one game with a certain combo.
My opponent attack, I buffed the heck out of one of his creatures, redirected the damage to him, then used overblaze (if necessary) to win. It was such a fun combo to play because my opponent was always confused as heck when I started buffing his creature, then when it all came together there was the transition from 'wtf are you doing??' to the 'oh F&$#' look on their face that was just priceless.
I am trying to put this combo back together in the red and green (elf) warrior deck I'm making (because it was just so much fun!), but I can not find or remember the card I used to redirect the damage. Plus I want to use it in conjunction with Wirewood Pride to really pack a punch!
I'm pretty sure it was a red card, but I can't remember for sure (it was a while ago).

Does anyone know what card it might have been?
Or any others that will redirect damage a creature does to it's controller/target?[/QUOTE]

Stuffy Doll is the only one i can think of. Its an artifact so you won't have to worry about color. so you can wait for your opponent to attack, use instants to pump up his creature and then use stuffy doll to block and deal the damage to him instead. best part, he's indestructable anyways:P just don't tap him;)
Posted 08 June 2011 at 13:37

there is reflect damage, but that card is :manar::manaw:. I couldn't find any other red cards that do that.
Posted 08 June 2011 at 14:29

I believe you're thinking of Mogg Maniac. The reactions you've gotten with the card you're trying to recall seem to match what I've gotten when using MM.

There's also the more recent Spitemare, but it's a hybrid card, and therefore seems less likely it's what you're talking about. But when you rebuild your deck, there's no reason you can't include both.
Posted 08 June 2011 at 21:41

I was thinking about those to, but the way he described it it seemed like he would catch his opponent by surprise, so I was looking for instants. With a creature on the field, it wouldn't seem like an opponent would fall into this kind of trap. Maybe I'm wrong.
Posted 09 June 2011 at 01:17