Discussion Forum

Need Help With My Magic The Gathering Deck.

I got into Magic The Gathering a couple months ago with some friends. I bought a starter pack which came with Blue and Dark and from that I've mainly focused on blue so I bought a deck builder's tool kit. My friend's have upgraded their decks loads. One has a green mana acceleration elf deck and he pretty much destroys me by his 5th turn. Below is a list of my deck and I really need help with what to do. I kinda want a controlling sphinx deck type thing. All blue aswell. Please give me advice on what to get.

Artifacts
2x Pierce Strider
1x Psychosis Crawler
Creatures
3x Oculus
3x Æther Adept
3x Neurok Invisimancer
1x Stormtide Leviathan
2x Shoal Serpent
1x Argent Sphinx
1x Consecrated Sphinx
2x Goliath Sphinx
1x Wall of Frost
Enchantments
2x Ice Cage
1x Mind Control
4x Paralyzing Grasp
Land
24x Island
Spells
1x Blue Sun's Zenith
1x Jace's Ingenuity
4x Unsummon
2x Call to Mind
1x Sleep
Posted 12 June 2011 at 19:33

Just a bit of advice for the future. You may want to either make the cards links, or use the deckbuilder in the vault and just link to the deck. Not everyone knows all the cards by name. You will get more help this way.

If you want more control you can try Mana Leaks and Into the Roil. Both are great control cards. Also, to help you get out your expensive creatures faster you should try Everflowing Chalice. Control is good, but a mono blue deck doesn't have enough, so you need to be able to play your creatures as fast as you can.
Posted 12 June 2011 at 23:06

Here is a link to my profile on the MTG vault

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=172282

I would much rather have it just blue. I'm not too bothered if it's not all control but it want to be able to have a powerful deck where i can start off early with low amount of mana but also have powerful creatures that i can bring out within a couple of turns.
Posted 13 June 2011 at 14:32

pyschosis crawler is not something i would ever run again. it doesn't do good in a deck that isn't built around it, nor in a deck where it IS built around it. to run PC in a mono blue deck, you typically want a lot of draw power as well as a venser's journal, Surrakar Spellblade, and distortion strike. Also, try to play more sets (4 of's) instead of a bunch of 1's and 2's. that will make your deck more consistent and help you in terms of playtesting to see what is working and what is not.
Posted 13 June 2011 at 15:13