Discussion Forum

Welcome thread

Welcome to the MTG Vault and WoW TCG Vault forums!

Thanks for reading this thread and of course feel free to post welcome replies of your own!

Gary and I are working on creating a great community here and the start to that is for people to get talking! So here's my part:

My name's Ian and I'm the Admin for WoW TCG Vault! I have basic knowledge of MTG and WoW TCG, but do enjoy playing the games, even if I am a bit rubbish! So don't expect great snippets of knowledge and fantastic suggestions on your decks from me ;-)

To keep up to date with what's going on in the community and websites, keep an eye on twitter: MTG Vault and WoW TCG Vault and of course on the forums and the sites themselves!

Now the ball is rolling, so please join in!

Ian
Posted 01 October 2009 at 08:20

My name is Gary. I wrote MTG Vault sometime in 2005 originally as a way for me to keep track of what MTG cards I owned, we were starting to really get into the game at that stage and I thought it's be nice to have an online copy of my cards to show my friends. This idea soon turned into storing decks online and then I thought "if I'm going to make it for me, why not make it for other people to use as well?" so I did...

If you want to contact me then use the contact form on the site, PM me here, follow us on twitter as Ian said or... my personal twitter @sgtbeardy but only if you're really nice to me!
Posted 01 October 2009 at 08:30

Well, I'll be the first non admin to post to this I guess. :D

My name is Tim, but on here it's Valdimer. I'm very new to this site, but have added a few decks already, and have plenty more to put up here! I'm always for constructive critisism on my decks, so please feel free to respond!

Other than that, I hope to meet some really cool people on here!
Posted 17 October 2009 at 13:48

Sup, queers and nerds? I'm a relatively new player, but I can hold my own in building and playing. I only have one deck in the vault, but within the first hour people dug it. That made me optimistic and I'd like to stick around and shoot the shit with ya'll. I'm also one of those forum goer's that likes to participate in group projects, so I'll keep my eyes out when ya'll need wo?man-power.

I realize this might possibly be family friendly... but it really is a mature game, IMO. So can I say shit when I feel like it, admins?
Posted 20 October 2009 at 03:53

welcome xandertree and Valdimer :]

it's not necessarily family friendly, people will accept constructive critcism on their decks, but won't appreciate anyone being a dick to them :p
Posted 21 October 2009 at 08:29

That's totally cool. I didn't realize I hadn't put "shit" in quotations. I noticed some younger folk on the site and was wondering about vulgarity rules.

So who likes squirrel decks? lol
Posted 22 October 2009 at 19:13

hey im an old member been here since the resurection of the site but i took a 6 month break. im glad to see that the site is so prosporus and that we have a lot more activity now than ever before.most of all its good to be back.

p.s. how am i still the third top poster after all this time.lol.
Posted 01 February 2010 at 22:04

Welcome back! :)
Posted 01 February 2010 at 22:32

Hello people, welcome everyone
Posted 03 February 2010 at 01:41

Hello everyone,
When it comes to Magic, I play it for a long time - since 1998 (so, yeah, I can probably call myself a veteran player). I made a few breaks, but never completely left the game. I'm mostly playing Legacy and a bit of Extended. I usually play with my friends - I count myself lucky, since all of my good friends (and even some colleagues) love this game.
I mostly play beatdown and combo decks. I hate control very much. That's it :)
Posted 15 February 2010 at 01:23

Hello! I'm Gen! (I really should have posted here a long time ago!)
I did all the original data entry before a very nice vault user helped Gary sort out a way of me not having to put all the cards in manually (thanks so much!)
I've played MTG for around 5 or 6 years, I have however been a bit out of the loop for the last 2 years, finding that expansion come out far too quickly for my brain or my wallet to be happy with! I now find playing with prebuilt decks much more fun as it takes the "pro-ness" out of the game.
Posted 15 February 2010 at 22:51

Posted 15 February 2010 at 22:58

My name is Eli, I'm almost 27, and live in Tennessee. My handle on most Magic sites is 'Flying Goat'.

The reason? I forgot the card name, but it's the one in a recent set where a giant is holding a goat. The card says to give target creature flying until end of turn, then put creature in graveyard.

I played Magic around '99-'02, but then quit because building decks got too difficult for me, and the players in my area were sparse.

I started playing again right before the Worldwake pre-release. I wanted to just play with cards I played with back then, because I thought learning the new cards would be too hard. But then I played the WWK pre-release, and now I'm hooked.

I still suck at building decks, but now I live in an area where there is a thriving Magic community that, for the most part, likes to help people learn. I've played in both the WWK and RoE pre-release and launch parties, and plan to do the same for subsequent sets.

I'm more of a 'stomp you in the face' player, but I'm trying to learn new deck strategies. For a couple of them, look at my signature and tell me what you think.
Posted 26 May 2010 at 15:16

I'm Mike. I've been playing since I was.....hmm, just before 13 I think. So I'll be hitting the 6 year mark next month. I started playing with a 7th Gen deck (Bomber core deck). I've had a couple breaks, but the community around my area isn't too bad for magic. I'm still not great with deck building, but I've got a couple people helping me, so I'm coming along slowly.

I love watching other people play, and will admit it's kind of a let down to say "Hey I'll play!" and then being out or close to it about 30 minutes later. It's helping me to want to build better decks and get better at the game though. If anybody has any tips, let me know.
Posted 27 May 2010 at 18:23

Well, well, well.

I'm Vornek, i'm norwegian and 17. my real name is truly a pain for others to say so i'll just say... Dale.

I've played for... 2 years i think. somewhere during the lorwyn morningtide transition. i've made a few decks, but i tend to just start on them, then abandon them. Though the ones i finish, i rather like.

Where i'm at there's about 10...15 magic players. and we're a tightknit gang. (not really but like eachother well enough)

Would very much like constructive critic on my decks.

oh and if u want to try out my name it's Bjørn, good luck :D

-V
Posted 14 June 2010 at 10:03

hi guys and girls
I'm a noob, please be nice.:D My younger cousin got me hooked when he brought all his cards over one day and i've been buyin my own and tryin to beat him ever since. Vampires Rule.:manab:
Admins, thank you for this wonderful site, i've caught on very quickly because of it and just love the idea of having a place to store deck ideas that i can hopefully eventually own. Well before i start to ramble thanks again.
Posted 28 June 2010 at 05:18

Welcome everyone who has posted in here lately! and no probs D ROC :P

Ian
Posted 28 June 2010 at 08:27

[QUOTE=Vornek]
oh and if u want to try out my name it's Bjørn, good luck :D
-V[/QUOTE]

pronounced Bee-orn
(know a few people with that name)

Anyway, I'm Jon, Bob, or Thatos. I will reply to all, although Jon is my real name.

Played MTG for a while, then quit when no one around me played.
Played WoW for Heroes and Dark portal and just joined back in right before the wrathgate set came out.
Posted 29 June 2010 at 01:28

Hi all,

Here I am as a new member of MTG Vault community.
I've just discovered this site yesterday (looking for an online deck building site... ;) ) and I'm already fan of it ;)

Too many time logged but what a cool site to deck buld and exchange about that.

thank you for that.

See you...
Posted 27 July 2010 at 13:42

Hi, my name is Marco, i'm 31 year old and i'm from Firenze, Italy. I play Magic : The Gathering since the Revised Edition, but i stopped when the Fith Edition come out. I restart playing with the M11.

Now i'm back with my, sometimes, weird Deck.

Thanks!
Posted 01 December 2010 at 09:13

Hello everybody,

My name is John but most people call me Emu. I have been aware of the existance of Magic for a long time now but have only recently been really playing it. For now I've only played with friends and I do realise very well that my deck emits all kinds of chills when seen by professional players. All our cards aren't all that well (except perhaps the ones held by my Girlfriend who is happy to have beaten all of us in a private tournament amongst ourselves). I'm a newbie but am eager to learn new tricks and listen to new tips! I came on this site for some help on my vampirism deck and to hopefully grow into something more than just an annoying person asking all kinds of questions.

I come from the Netherlands and as such my English might be a bit tacky at times. I'm 22 and study Applied Psychology (Bachelor's degree) in Groningen (which I don't expect you to be able to pronounce :P). I like games, movies (a lot), series and doing all this with my girlfriend with whom I live together.

That's about it really, if you want to know ask away!
Posted 09 December 2010 at 16:01

Hello forums.

You can call me Fwipp. I've been on many internet forums in my time, so I've got that aspect under control. I've been playing magic since Odyssey, took a break after Lorwyn, and got back in at... Well, Zendikar block. I'm a fan of Scars of Mirrodin so far... let's see, I'm an actor and an artist, and the last thing I made was a pretty sweet model of an Ichorclaw Myr.

So, hi?
Posted 05 January 2011 at 18:40

Hi there; I'm Italian too, originally from Milano. I used to be a Big Guy there in 1996, when men were men and could win tournaments by making their own decks, Copy Artifact was still limited, Timetwister was considered a huge advantage, and the combo was Black Lotus-Channel-Fireball. Then I let a friend borrow my deck, and stopped for some 14 years. Now, I play basically only online, trying to find a good deck before I start putting a lot of money in this again!
Incidentally, I am now in Copenhagen: has anybody heard about an MTG scene around here?
Posted 07 February 2011 at 23:20

Hello.

I've recently picked up Magic: The Gathering as a hobby and I have joined this forum in attempt to learn more about it. I have already posted two decks and I intend to make more as my experience with the game grows.

To the creator(s) and admin/mod staff, thank you.

:manab::manau:
Posted 03 March 2011 at 06:07

Hello people ive been gone a long time and finaly mtg creeped back into my mind, and of course i couldnt resist. also i am CLUELESS about the current meta game so...
Posted 14 March 2011 at 16:53

Heyoo, I'm Risu. I've played Magic since Shadowmoor, and I consider myself a casual player. However, I don't like to compete, and for several reasons.

* I take things personally. This is my greatest weakness.
* I could never keep up with the metagame. They say, "those who fall behind get left behind." And right now, I'm so far behind I can never catch up.
* Too expensive!! D:
* Whenever I tried entering FNM, my opponents were almost all jerks, and would often play control decks.

Luckily for me, there is room enough in MtG for social play. That's exactly why I quit Yugioh x.x"

...Oh no, I said the 'Y'-word! D:
Posted 03 April 2011 at 03:39

Hey guys, I'm Kal. Just thought I'd poke my nose around, as I found you guys completely by accident while searching for Precursor Golem art.

So hey, whats up (or down).

I tend to play standard mostly (Purely because thats all I can find to play), but I have been playing a long while. I loves me some blue control, and currently have 14 monoblue decks in standard. (Maybe I'll post a few up and you can see :P).

Anyway, cool to talk to you guys.
Posted 06 April 2011 at 21:25

Hi there.

Just joined. First post as a matter of fact. Hope I get to talk to a lot of you in the coming time.
Posted 30 April 2011 at 20:57

hi. new here. i'm a friend of surewhynot and he made me join. i'm glad he did though, i'm having fun here so far

my username comes from my actual victory dance, as illustrated in my signature below :)
Posted 09 May 2011 at 05:31

everyone else posted here, so i figured i would also:)

my name is danny, im 24 and from knoxville, tn usa. I have recently returned to playing magic when SOM was released but before that, I started playing when alpha/beta were released. yeah, i was young then, but my cousin whom is a bit older than me is the one that got me into the game. (and yes, if you are curious, i have alpha/beta cards in nm condition :D but sorry, no black lotus or any of the power 9:( )

anyways, i play in standard tourneys alot, i think they are fun. especially the new cards that are out. I am here to learn new tricks of the game as well as expand my collection with the current sets.

nice to meet you all!
Posted 23 May 2011 at 17:43

Hi all.

A friend of my showed me this site while I was sorting my cards one day. I've been playing Magic for about a year now, and I enjoy it alot.

I hope to chat with some of you in the future!
Posted 10 July 2011 at 23:51

I joined awhile ago, but kinda posted one or two things then stopped for a bit just because I was laying off both magic and the internet for awhile, but now I'm back to both in full force ~_~

I'm from Nebraska. I like to speculate on decks a lot, but rarely actually make them. I play EDH more than anything.
Posted 13 July 2011 at 06:43

I'm Jawmuncher

I'm a big fan of magic though I would put myself into the more casual ladder.
I play with regular rules and such but haven't attended any FNM or anything.
Mainly just play with my group of friends, even though im the worse of the group. Though hopefully I can change that in the future, once I get my deck building down. Right now focusing on just 1 color decks and going to move onto multi color decks once im happy with those.

Lastly I hope we see a Dinosaur Set somewhere down the line, that would be awesome.
Posted 14 July 2011 at 05:04

Hi I'm Faniggler!

I've been playing magic for a little over 6 years now but it's only been within the same group of friends. We tend to play in a casual setting and ignore the rules about which sets are legal. This way we can stop playing magic for a few weeks or months and then start right back up where we left off!

Within my group I'm the guy who can't decide which direction my decks need to go in. As it stands right now I have about 11 or 12 decks and I am about to make my next one here soon!

I really want to get into a good forum community and I hope this is the one!
Posted 14 July 2011 at 05:17

Hello there, Figured i would join up and introduce myself...

I used to play MtG back in the late 90's when i was in college but quit around 2000. Just recently became interested again thanks to the xBox game (2012 version) and now have a majority of my co-workers playing it on the console plus they are now buying up cards for us to play in person to ...

its been so long since i actually played and i never got all that great at building decks other then just tossing cards i liked into a pile and calling it one ... so found this site while looking for a way to post a link to a deck i am working on ... saw there was a forum as well so joined up to ... would much rather deal with a community like this instead of the headache that can sometimes be the Wizards forum (been posting there for a while since i play DnD)
Posted 20 July 2011 at 03:03

My name is Awz?.

I've only made right decisions.

Prove me wrong.
Posted 20 August 2011 at 05:27

Hello. Name's Torey. I joined with the forum to get some insight on my deck builds. That's about it. Peace out, guys.
Posted 12 October 2011 at 03:37

Hi, My names Kro.
and im a Magic holic...

JUST Kidding. I stumbled upon this web site to figure out a better build for my blue mill deck/tips. And I am finding it very informational with a lot of help from people. Also I am seeing a lot of good ideas on decks as well.
Posted 18 October 2011 at 16:48

it is really cool to see how much the community has grown since i was here last and even more amazing if you remeber when the forum had like 12 members after the restart. kudos gary and other staff.
Posted 03 November 2011 at 01:44

Hello, I'm GopherKing but feel free to call me GK or Gopher.
I've been using the main site for about 8 or 9 months now but only recently made an account on the forum. I've known how to play and have been collecting magic cards casually since the Ravnica block, but I never knew anyone else who played until about a year ago. Ever since I've grown more and more obsessed! My playgroup is just a casual one, where we usually say anything goes. For example you could have four copies of a banned card in your deck and nobody would give you any grief. We're also all pretty inexperienced though so games often last for a long time despite people running banned cards. Or at least games DID take a while until one of the players built a mind's desire storm deck and started winning turn two or three of every game! :P
Anyways, glad to be here and I look forward to learning more about this awesome game!

GK
Posted 14 December 2011 at 06:21

Ello everyone! Nice to meet you all! Been playing magic for at least three years now and I used to play back in the day when I was a wee lad. Been using this site forever now and decicded to finally join up =3 One quick qeustion, how to I post my deck up for peoples advice and to see what they think? Thanks and ciao:manab::D:manab:
Posted 25 January 2012 at 00:10

Hello everyone, I've been playing M:TG for about 3-4 months. One of my friends at college got me into it.

I like Green and Blue the most, and I also do Graphics Design (as per below :P)
Posted 04 April 2012 at 19:05

hello everyone,

new member here. 24 years old and first started playing magic back in Elementary (4th grade). stopped when i entered Middle but picked the game back up recently with a group of friends.

i was wondering how many posts or what requirements are needed to begin posting threads? (specifically the deck-building help forum)

many thanks!:D
Posted 13 April 2012 at 04:40

Hey guys. I've been playing on and off for about 5 years now. Last cards I bought were before Mirrodin Besieged. I'm a bit rusty, but I'm tenacious. I often come up with dumb deck ideas that I think are fun. Check them out if you get a chance.
Recently got big into EDH.
Posted 11 May 2012 at 12:28

Hey guys. I am TalkingMuffin (dont like revealing my real name online, call me paranoid.) I've been playing Magic for just around a year now. I got sucked in by some of my friends playing the game, but really got into it when I came across a 1000+ card collection one of my friends sold me for cheap. I've been addicted ever since. I like playing all types of decks and am a mostly casual player.

Well, that's my story.
Posted 26 May 2012 at 03:56

Hello. I am Brother Blue. I am here with important news. I have started an organization that links mtg players that never knew each other in a gruop where they can make friends. In this gruop thier are ranks and even prizes for doing certian things. if you wish to know more, look us up at facebook.com/TheBrotherHoodOfMagic.
Posted 12 June 2012 at 21:05

Hello, i'm also not one to reveal my real name online, so i'll be going by the monicker MTGMayhem. I've been playing MtG since 1997, took 7 years off (played with my old cards but didnt buy anything new) until last summer when Zendikar/Eldrazi were about to cycle out. M12 prerelease was my first "welcome back to magic" tournament.

I'm typically a control/mid-range player, i prefer home brewing my decks and i have quite a lot of contempt for netdeckers (note: my idea of a netdecker is one who blindly stuffs an exact copy of a top 8 deck into sleeves and heads off to FNM. I do keep tabs on such decks so i know what to look out for.)
Posted 13 June 2012 at 04:54

Hello, fairly new to M:TG started playing as a way to kill time in Afghanistan in July and now am hooked.

I normally center my play around big creatures that can be dropped quick, mostly white/green but am trying my hand at some different combinations.
Posted 14 November 2012 at 13:21

Hello everyone, my name is Artemis, or "Arty". I am a Legacy player at heart, though I have delved into Vintage from time to time. I like to think of myself as a nice guy, despite my penchant for playing control. I have been playing magic for quite a long time, but this site has really opened up many new doors for me, and I hope it continues to help me.
Posted 12 April 2013 at 08:26

Welcome aboard to all our new members! :)
Posted 12 April 2013 at 08:29

my name's Rob. new guy here, started playing only recently and still learning the ropes :D
Posted 18 September 2014 at 07:37

Hello josh here but usernames bigmungus being playing since forever recently picked it back up learning the new ropes posted 2 decks on here working on more
Posted 15 October 2014 at 19:26

please delete the spam posts and ban the spammers

http://forums.mtgvault.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Posted 22 October 2014 at 10:04

Oh hey I found the welcome thread,
... and the last post was from 2014...
this bodes well. :/

Posted 23 August 2017 at 14:06

Sup Y'all? Hope your day/night's going well and you're enjoying building/playing this awesome game. I have a question. My buddy posted some builds up on the app, but I'm unsure how to find them. Suggestions? I figured I could search for his username, but it doesn't seem like I can do so.
Posted 07 October 2019 at 17:35