Discussion Forum

How did your prerelease go?

I was pretty happy with mine. I didn't do extremely well, but I was happy with the cards I pulled. In sealed I built a :manau::manab: deck with Vengeful Pharoah, Rune-Scarred Demon, and 2x Sphinx of Uthuuns as my bombs. It was really a great pool of cards, I just didn't have enough removal to deal with faster decks like WW, so I went 2-2 with that deck. Then for my first draft, I couldn't pull anything good, so I ended up with a mono green deck, and lost my first match. In my second draft I drafted :manab::manar: My first pack was Grave Titan. I kept getting passed rares that I could use. I got passed Royal Assassin, Solemn Simulacrum, and Reverberate. And my last pack was Garruk, Primal Hunter, so even though it was out of my colors, I just had to grab it... lol.

So how did your prerelease go?
Posted 10 July 2011 at 13:31

WW and GW were retarded. I opened a chandra and an inferno and still went 2-3...pulled double sorin in one of my two prize packs though lol.
Posted 11 July 2011 at 00:47

Ya I know what you mean. My deck was nothing like Chandra and Inferno, but when I would face a slower deck I could hit all 4 of my bombs because the Sphinxes would roll into them. Plus I had a Diabolic Tutor, 1 Ponder, and 2 Divinations. I just needed to last 7 turns to win. And it seemed like if I played against GW I was just a turn or two too slow.
Posted 11 July 2011 at 05:11

Stompy + Draft = undefeated.
Posted 11 July 2011 at 05:47

Every single match I had I was one turn away from either losing or winning, every match was so close... Grave Titan was the only Mythic I pulled, I was depressed when I heard someone pulled Jace, and 2 of the Titans.... Needless to say he came in first place.
Posted 11 July 2011 at 11:40

Well, at my store since we have people that would literally grab cards for value rather than to build a playable deck we end up playing sealed packs rather than draft. I ended up pulling a Bloodlord of Vaasgoth and a Rune-Scarred Demon along with an assortment of vampires. So I built :manau::manab: so I had a form of control in the deck. My favorite pull altogether that I did play however, was the Druidic Satchel. It saved my backside quite a few times.

All in all, I went 5-0 in a Swiss played format. Got 15 boosters outta the deal, and had a blast playin with the guys there. Only noteable pulls from the 15 boosters however was a Frost Titan, Reverberate, yeah that's about it. LOL
Posted 11 July 2011 at 14:19

[QUOTE=surewhynot]Stompy + Draft = undefeated.[/QUOTE]

Very Nice.

[QUOTE=Try4se;26359]Every single match I had I was one turn away from either losing or winning, every match was so close... Grave Titan was the only Mythic I pulled, I was depressed when I heard someone pulled Jace, and 2 of the Titans.... Needless to say he came in first place.[/QUOTE]

Ya, there were 4 jaces pulled (by different people), and I think all of them did very well. In sealed it's a beast of a 3 turn clock.

[QUOTE=Safearus;26362]Well, at my store since we have people that would literally grab cards for value rather than to build a playable deck we end up playing sealed packs rather than draft. I ended up pulling a Bloodlord of Vaasgoth and a Rune-Scarred Demon along with an assortment of vampires. So I built :manau::manab: so I had a form of control in the deck. My favorite pull altogether that I did play however, was the Druidic Satchel. It saved my backside quite a few times.

All in all, I went 5-0 in a Swiss played format. Got 15 boosters outta the deal, and had a blast playin with the guys there. Only noteable pulls from the 15 boosters however was a Frost Titan, Reverberate, yeah that's about it. LOL[/QUOTE]

At mine we did Sealed in the morning, and then after Sealed was done we Drafted the rest of the afternoon. So I did 1 Sealed and 2 Drafts. It was a great day, even if I didn't win anything big. I do have to say that every time I saw someone throw a Satchel out it usually swung the game in their favor. That card is just awesome in Limited. Congrats on the 5-0.
Posted 11 July 2011 at 15:12

i pulled garruk, 3 pacifisms, mana leak, cancel, negate, arachnus web, divination, flashfreeze, unsummon, overrun, hunter's instinct, a turn to frog, and a bunch of decent creatures. almost went 6-2, but i forgot to make a garruk token in game 2 of round 3 (after winning game 1) and i lost the game and all consecutive games:mad:. fortunately for me, in my prize packs, i got sorin, chandra, and a foil grave titan with a visions of beyond.
Posted 11 July 2011 at 16:21

Why is everyone except me so lucky?
Posted 11 July 2011 at 18:59

I got a prime titan and giddeon.. pretty much had to go green white haha.
Most of the cards were real little drops.
elite vanguards, lawkeepers, llanowars with some fun enchantments.
I got screwed a couple times with terrible draws and fast opponents but still managed 3rd.
Posted 13 July 2011 at 06:35