Discussion Forum

TCG Player Prices

Hello,

This is only a quick post! I've just added TCG Player pricing to the ViewCard and ViewCard_Popup pages. We've replaced BidWicket with it, but if we get feedback that BidWicket was much better, we can quickly switch back if necessary.

TCG Player seems to offer more stores, more cards and actually has a good API instead of loading from Javascript, so there should be less "hanging" on the card pages.

If you notice anything fishy, please let me know. It is 23:34 here in the UK and my 1yr old son will probably wake me up in 5hrs, so I am a bit sleepy :P

Cheers

Ian
Posted 15 August 2011 at 22:35

Where is it? :confused: I'm in the view card window but I can't find it:D
Posted 19 August 2011 at 00:51

The hi-mid-low prices are above the image, the other prices are at the bottom of the page. It could be that the card you are looking at has no data, therefore it shows nothing :p what card was it?

Ian
Posted 19 August 2011 at 06:52

I've seen it now thanks :D
Posted 22 August 2011 at 18:02

I've added a little box under the main deck on the view deck page that shows the estimated total value of a deck. It adds up all the card price data we have on each card that we collect daily from TCG Player. At the moment I'm showing low, mid and high estimates, nothing is set in stone and there's plenty of scope to play around with this feature.

Let me know if the prices are around the right mark, will be interesting to find out! :)
Posted 26 August 2011 at 16:53

[QUOTE=Gary]I've added a little box under the main deck on the view deck page that shows the estimated total value of a deck. It adds up all the card price data we have on each card that we collect daily from TCG Player. At the moment I'm showing low, mid and high estimates, nothing is set in stone and there's plenty of scope to play around with this feature.

Let me know if the prices are around the right mark, will be interesting to find out! :)[/QUOTE]

Looks great, and from what I've seen, the prices seem pretty spot-on. However, I've been having issues viewing some of my decks...not sure if the two are related =/

All the same, I love this addition so far =]
Posted 26 August 2011 at 19:40

Hi surewhynot,

Thanks for the feedback - can you give me some deckids pls?

Thanks
Posted 26 August 2011 at 19:59

Uhhh...I can't, but I can tell you my decks "Pauper Landfall", "I am Become Death", and "Alcatraz" can't open up...
Posted 26 August 2011 at 20:27

Hah no worries - I started going through your decks and the fourth one down was broken, so it was an easy find :p

Fixed that issue now, so all those decks should work.

Cheers
Posted 26 August 2011 at 20:32

Sweet thanks man =]
Posted 26 August 2011 at 20:45

Added a card by card breakdown page now!

If a value shows as 0.00, then at the minute, it means no one is selling one via tcgplayer, so we have no prices unfortunately! I will change that soon so it shows N/A or something, but for now, least it shows zero :p

Cheers
Posted 26 August 2011 at 22:20

[QUOTE=Ian]Added a card by card breakdown page now!

If a value shows as 0.00, then at the minute, it means no one is selling one via tcgplayer, so we have no prices unfortunately! I will change that soon so it shows N/A or something, but for now, least it shows zero :p

Cheers[/QUOTE]

This is great guys, seriously. I was just gonna say there's a few 0.00 things that threw me off at first (Black Lotus for $0.00?!), but I figured that it was something like that.
Posted 26 August 2011 at 22:43

I second that. I really like this deck pricing guide. Keep up the good work! :-)
Posted 26 August 2011 at 23:13

i love the new addition for pricing but i realized that the breakdown option is a little bit off. the totals are backwards and ill explain with this diagram top line being the pricing of cards and bottom being the total value of the deck

low med high

high med low
Posted 28 August 2011 at 17:13

i am also curious are you going to incorperate this mechanic on the other vaults like wow vault for that would be a great thing to have :)
Posted 30 August 2011 at 13:10

Will take a look at the backwards thing tom. We'll be adding this functionality to wowtcgvault soon, we are collecting the data so just need to add it in! I may take a look Tom night :)

Ian
Posted 30 August 2011 at 22:45

[quote=dragin17]i love the new addition for pricing but i realized that the breakdown option is a little bit off. the totals are backwards and ill explain with this diagram top line being the pricing of cards and bottom being the total value of the deck

low med high

high med low[/quote]

This was my fault when I changed the order and the alignment/layout etc, I forgot to change the order of the totals too! Should be fixed now, sorry about that! :o
Posted 31 August 2011 at 20:31

And I jizz in my pants! The deck price feature is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much I waited so long for this:D
Posted 03 September 2011 at 23:10

this is much better thank you for making such a usefull application for us magic and wow players :)
Posted 04 September 2011 at 05:23

I'm a bit late -- haven't visited the news forum for a while, but this is the feature I've been waiting for :D I really like it!

Tangent: Just noticed a "Deck Comments Inbox" in my My Account toolbox. If it is what I think it is, love that idea too ^_^
Posted 14 September 2011 at 01:27

Also, will you be replacing BidWicket on TCGVault with TCGPlayer as well?
Posted 15 September 2011 at 16:36

Yep - it's on my to do list over the nxt few evenings :)

Ian
Posted 15 September 2011 at 18:51