Discussion Forum

EDH - Specific board?

Hey dudes, with EDH becoming a much more popular format than ever before, I've noticed a flood of EDH topics in the Variant Formats, General Discussion, and other boards. This flood has almost gotten to the point that it detracts from the point of the boards overall. Might I suggest a new board specifically dedicated to all things EDH? :D
Posted 21 September 2011 at 03:38

The Variant board was created mainly as an EDH board. We decided on calling it Variant formats not to restrict it to much. the forum is dead enough as it is without having a forum for every possible topic.

If there is one change I would like the admins to make it is to disable the comment system on the vault itself. That would force all posters to discuss their decks on the forum and would bring this site to life.
Posted 21 September 2011 at 09:30

Agree with Seth - that's what the variant forum is for :)

Instead of turning comments off, we need a system that will effectively merge the two accounts. That said, that's no simple task !

Ian
Posted 21 September 2011 at 13:23

[QUOTE=Ian]Agree with Seth - that's what the variant forum is for :)

Instead of turning comments off, we need a system that will effectively merge the two accounts. That said, that's no simple task !

Ian[/QUOTE]

hence turning the comment system in the vault off as it serves as duplicate functionailty and it's the lesser of the two commenting systems.
Posted 21 September 2011 at 13:47

Merging the two would be really great, but it's a bit of a leap. Do you guys have any ideas on that so far?
Posted 22 September 2011 at 03:49

I'm thinking there may be a way using OpenID - the facebook, google account login stuffs. We'd have to calibrate the current accounts against them and let the users have a choice, but I think it'll work.

From a techy perspective, probably something similar to http://www.stackoverflow.com.

Cheers
Posted 22 September 2011 at 08:25

Ooh, OpenID actually sounds like a great idea.
Posted 22 September 2011 at 19:28