Discussion Forum

Magic on Skype?

If anyone would like to play over skype. Add my skype. Its GrayFoxOVOXO. Im not great,but I love to play. I mostly play standard,but dont mind playing vintage. Im very friendly so feel free to add me:)
Posted 21 September 2011 at 23:08

Interesting idea. How would you do it though? The camera would have to be pointed at the cards, no?
Posted 21 September 2011 at 23:16

Eh I used to play Yugioh on the PSN via video cam, I don't see why skype wouldn't work for the same basic function.
Posted 21 September 2011 at 23:24

Why bother when you have soft like cockatrice ready to help you

growing community 300++ players
Posted 15 October 2011 at 10:32

Playing via webcam has its benefits over programs like Cockatrice (which I do use and endorse), such as live verbal communication, and playing remotely with real cards. The latter is more appealing to a collector or casual player who wants to play against a real deck, not some $3,000 munchkin fest somebody put together just because they could.

Having said that, I have not yet used Magic Workstation and have not used Apprentice post-WOTC buyout, but Cockatrice is easy to set up and use.
Posted 17 October 2011 at 15:37

There is some french webcam card game in beta right now, havn't tried it

Then about overpriced deck and stuff, you sure can find some cool people friendlist and put some cashlimit on deck, that you can check maybe even here,tapped-out or lot other website
Posted 17 October 2011 at 15:51

[QUOTE=GrayFoxOVOXO]If anyone would like to play over skype. Add my skype. Its GrayFoxOVOXO. Im not great,but I love to play. I mostly play standard,but dont mind playing vintage. Im very friendly so feel free to add me:)[/QUOTE]
Hey I'm game for playing over Skype if u are, my name is doomblade97
Posted 09 December 2012 at 01:56