Discussion Forum

Get Rid Of Ranking

Why in the world do we need Ranking anyway? Its Ruining this entire thing. Its a waste of time, waste of effort, and who honestly gives a crap? People whine about not wanting to see the same decks... Guess what?! Since ive been here, until recently, its all been the same crap! If it rotated each Month with ONLY NEW DECKS and changed every Month then why the hell not but its not working right now.
Posted 26 October 2009 at 05:24

I assume you are talking about the top rated decks.. so can you answer some of your questions for me

Why's it a waste of time / waste of effort?

I agree that it may need to start rotating or something like that. The problem is that the top decks are also probably the oldest, so therefore not necessarly the best, just have had the most "votes" over time.

As said in another thread, we will look at changing this around at somepoint. We have quite a few changes planned for the future!

Ian
Posted 26 October 2009 at 09:38

Because all everyone does is cheat. Why try and work hard at something when people just ruin it? What you should do is just make it so it rotates Monthly. Also, how can you have the Best Deck when over half your community is casual to the max and the slim other portion is competitive. I know what decks are good. Does the casual play group? Probably not. Its just a fact I am going to throw out there regardless of the backlash I receive from it.
Posted 27 October 2009 at 00:02

though i love you rileyandholly88 cuz you help me and make ridiculously awesome decks, i dont think it needs to be gotten rid of completely. To me thats part of the fun. Making a deck good enough to get on the top decks list is challenge that is fun to pursue. Im cool with reseting the list every now and then or rotating it like you suggested. I also suggested maybe having a top rated decks for every category of deck which some people expressed their like of. And whats "good" is not necessarily the best deck. I rate up for creativity and originality as well. There should be competitive and non-competitive categories maybe as well. I try and build for both because im trying to get more competitive but i also come from a casual playing background. Idk. what we can all agree on is that it needs to be changed. There should be a vote or something of some kind for all he ideas for changing the system and w/e wins should become the new system. idk. just putting some ideas out there
Posted 27 October 2009 at 00:46

like every week it should show the best of a certain type of deck. for example, one week it's burn, the next it's casual play, and so on. The ranking gives an idea of how much people like your deck.
Posted 20 February 2010 at 18:52

We are introducing a new bayesian averaging system, which ranks from 1 - 10. At the mo there are no top tens etc, which will hopefully eradicate people voting stupidly. Also the system is weighted, so signing up multiple times to vote zero has less / nil effect.

In the future (more important things to do atm) we will release a top 10 by deck type that rotates monthly (or something similar).

Cheers
Posted 20 February 2010 at 20:37