Discussion Forum

Forum card hover-over

Hello,

This is probably long overdue :) I've written a jQuery hover over for the forums on all MTG links (sorry, WoW isn't work atm). It's pretty much my first time writing a standalone jquery / vbulletin plugin, so it MAY be a bit buggy.

If you guys can let me know of any quirks in this thread, that'd be much appreciated !

It should be backwards compatible with all current card links to TCG Vault using the ['CARD] & ['/CARD] tag! It should also be cross browser, but I don't have access to every browser ever, so if anyone wants to test in say, PS3 etc, then be my guest :)

Thanks

Ian
Posted 13 October 2011 at 21:11

About the tag... Is that being planned for the main site? It'd be nice of course.
Posted 14 October 2011 at 05:32

Hi dagbaker,

I'm hoping to get the javascript file into a good enough condition so that you could include it on ANY site, and ANY link going to a card on mtg, tcgvault, wowtcg etc will provide the popup functionality :)

Thought i'd give it a test out on the forums first tho!

Ian
Posted 14 October 2011 at 08:07

Fan-freakin'-tastic! That's all I have to say :)
Posted 18 October 2011 at 13:54

how do i post a Thread or post at all i cant find the button to post lol plz help
Posted 13 November 2011 at 02:22

I forgot how to make the hover over card link when posting names of cards.
Posted 26 January 2014 at 23:31

[QUOTE=Chewrida]I forgot how to make the hover over card link when posting names of cards.[/QUOTE]

Or highlight the card's name and hit the "wrap card tags" button on the upper right of the "post new message" box. It will look like the back of a magic card.

:D
Posted 27 January 2014 at 02:59

[QUOTE=Chewrida]I forgot how to make the hover over card link when posting names of cards.[/QUOTE]

[ Card] [ /Card] (but remove the spaces)

Or highlight the card's name and hit the "wrap card tags" button on the upper right of the "post new message" box. It will look like the back of a magic card.

:D
Posted 27 January 2014 at 02:59