Discussion Forum

The "Official" Gaming Thread

Anyone out there gaming? What system(s) do you play? What games are you playing? Are you hardcore or casual? Describe your gaming lifestyle.
Posted 01 November 2009 at 21:05

Xbox 360 :] Atm i'm playing through oblivion (yes i'm a bit behind the times, i know) and actually really enjoying it.

pretty casual gamer, prefered style of games are J-RPGs, so can't wait for FF XIII :D
Posted 02 November 2009 at 09:30

Xbox 360, PSP, I'm playing Fallout (obviosly, just look at mah pic), pretty hardcore in the Halo 3 MLG stuff, minor gaming on PSP (Star Wars FTW!!!). I'm in between casual and hardcore...
Posted 02 November 2009 at 11:21

Keep meaning to try Fallout 3. Probably will after Oblivion, as they are similar style of game. Is it good? Heard it won 'Ultimate Game of the Year' at the Golden Joystick awards last week !
Posted 02 November 2009 at 15:17

im a pretty medeocre gamer. right now im playing a great game called brutal legends xbox 360. i also own psp and wii
Posted 02 November 2009 at 17:29

Ian, you need to get Fallout 3. Oblivion and Fallout are made by the same company, Bethesda. Great games. I recently splurged and bought the Game of the Year version. It came with all 5 downloadable contents (DLC), which is a great deal if you don't have LIVE. Rent Fallout first, and if you like it, buy it! Oh, BTW, Endurance, is Brutal Legends actually fun? My friend said that game was horrible...
Posted 03 November 2009 at 00:52

i personnally loved it but to each his own
Btw i own oblivion and fallout 3 they are also very fun games
Posted 03 November 2009 at 17:59

Always been a PC gamer and current console is the Xbox 360. I'm a big fan of RTS, FPS and RPGs on the PC and racing and platform games on consoles. This month I've stocked up and am currently playing: Forza 3, Borderlands, AI War: Fleet Command, Torchlight and Killing Floor.
Posted 03 November 2009 at 21:41

[QUOTE=Gary]Always been a PC gamer and current console is the Xbox 360. I'm a big fan of RTS, FPS and RPGs on the PC and racing and platform games on consoles. This month I've stocked up and am currently playing: Forza 3, Borderlands, AI War: Fleet Command, Torchlight and Killing Floor.[/QUOTE]

how is borderlands?
Posted 04 November 2009 at 17:58

Easy to get in to, was playing it at a LAN the other day and before I knew it about 6 hours had passed!!
Prefer playing with other people than on my own. Found it a little bit repetative when I was running about by myself.
Posted 04 November 2009 at 18:57

I'm a PC gamer, if you'd call me a gamer... I play WoW more than anything else, have a few games on Steam, Borderlands being my latest aquisition.

I love most games you can play with people, always have a go at Rock Band and that sort of things when going to friends houses, and unfortunately find Little Big Planet way too much fun, I'll blame it on being a girl!
Posted 04 November 2009 at 19:00

Anyone getting Modern Warfare 2 when it comes out (I am:) )?
Posted 05 November 2009 at 02:22

xbox 360
playing halo 3 mostly :D
if u play halo often friend me,
GT: FO3HAWK
Posted 15 March 2010 at 22:18

Hell yeah, I play Halo, but my live ran out. It's also a long story, so I won't be able to add you, so add me: AnEverydayN1NJA. I've been playin Halo for a few years now, but I just recently got my own Live account. I usually play on my friend xNovaWavex 's live (and wreck), and sorry if I'm not on often... :)
Posted 21 March 2010 at 04:16

[QUOTE=JundMage]Hell yeah, I play Halo, but my live ran out. It's also a long story, so I won't be able to add you, so add me: AnEverydayN1NJA. I've been playin Halo for a few years now, but I just recently got my own Live account. I usually play on my friend xNovaWavex 's live (and wreck), and sorry if I'm not on often... :)[/QUOTE]
nice, im down with that, i have friends who are never on but when they are we have one helluva custom session
Posted 21 March 2010 at 04:27

Idk about you, but when I play, I mostly play MLG. It's my dream to be a pro...
Posted 21 March 2010 at 16:42

[QUOTE=JundMage]Idk about you, but when I play, I mostly play MLG. It's my dream to be a pro...[/QUOTE]
PERSONALLY, i hate MLG, the rules are just weird and i prefer (relatively) real gaming :D

i roll in team snipes and practice my BR with my pals :D thats my secret, the snipes helps my reactions and accuracy while i learn how to work with long-rangers at all times, and the BR training is just because u need 2 no how 2 do it

also campaign is good for BR
Posted 23 March 2010 at 23:24

My BR is sick... I get pissed during AR starts when someone steals all the BRs.
Posted 24 March 2010 at 09:12

[QUOTE=JundMage]Anyone out there gaming? What system(s) do you play? What games are you playing? Are you hardcore or casual? Describe your gaming lifestyle.[/QUOTE]
Big into Modern Warfare 1 and 2. Awesome games in my opinion. They just never get old to me. Same with anything Halo. I play mostly Xbox 360, some Playstation 2, Xbox (original), and Super Nintendo (nothing beats Super Mario Allstars and Tecmo Super Bowl. In terms of my gaming lifestyle, in terms of the frequency I would say casual, but in terms of when I'm actually playing, I would consider myself a marathon player. Kind of a mixed bag sort of player, when I play I don't stop, but there are usually some long periods of time between my playing "marathons".
Posted 25 March 2010 at 15:52

Its all about the xbox 360 and Modern Warfare 2, I am a hardcore player of that game other than that its RPG's when I have free time.
Posted 25 March 2010 at 17:35

its all about pokemon
Posted 29 March 2010 at 18:03

i play Xbox 360 and can't decide whether to get Oblivion or Fallout, o and currently playing Modern Warfare 2 and ODST
Posted 05 June 2010 at 03:50

[QUOTE=ePro]i play Xbox 360 and can't decide whether to get Oblivion or Fallout, o and currently playing Modern Warfare 2 and ODST[/QUOTE]

Having finished oblivion and got 1000 gamer score on it, i can say it's an awesome game - good longevity too, took me around 40-50hrs to do everything I think!

I've heard good things about Fallout 3 as well tho :p least both games have been out a while so should be pretty cheap!
Posted 05 June 2010 at 08:19

Currently I'm playing Modern Warfare 2 and Red Dead Redemption on PS3. Oh yeah and Fallout 3 is AWESOME!!!!
Posted 08 June 2010 at 05:38

[QUOTE=ePro]i play Xbox 360 and can't decide whether to get Oblivion or Fallout, o and currently playing Modern Warfare 2 and ODST[/QUOTE]
what's ur GT? ill send u a req
Posted 13 June 2010 at 19:00

[QUOTE=Jund4Lyfe]what's ur GT? ill send u a req[/QUOTE]

my gamer tag is ePro15, thanks
Posted 13 June 2010 at 23:36

[QUOTE=ePro]my gamer tag is ePro15, thanks[/QUOTE]

sick, np
btw my GT is FO3HAWK
Posted 14 June 2010 at 02:00

I'm big on RPGs. Oblivion, the original Fable, and Dragon Age are some of the best games ever. I'm not a huge shooter fan (what's a CoD?), but Mass Effect is by far my favorite series (elder scrolls coming in second). Any game where I can make my own character with my own decisions and play-style is great for me, as long as the gameplay is fun as well.
Posted 05 March 2013 at 03:42

I'm still a relatively fresh mtg player, have had some luck but not consistently. Looking for any established Gruul Clan to add as friends and hopefully mentors to learning game better!
Posted 07 April 2013 at 18:44

I'm into a bit of everything, but fighting games are more my cup of tea than the rest. The Guilty Gear, and Darkstalkers series especially garner my love.
I will however admit to loving DCUO, and a few other MMO's almost as much as some fighters.
Posted 09 April 2013 at 05:16

why is a gaming thread dead? this should always be on top, where are the geeks?
Posted 11 October 2014 at 14:57