Discussion Forum

Bot Attack / Spam on Forum

Hi All,

It appears over the last couple of days we've been attacked by a bot spam network, so apologies for any of the posts you may have seen. Our moderators and Admins have been working hard to clear them when possible, so if people can report posts that may still be outstanding, that'd be appreciated.

It has also come to my attention that some of these MAY have sent out PM's to some of our users. We apologise for this and urge anyone who receives any dodgy messages to delete them immediately.

Thanks

Moderator and Admin Team
Posted 01 December 2011 at 14:18

I received an email saying that I had a PM, only, when I logged in to check, no PM was there. Was it likely one of these bots and subsequently deleted by a mod/admin?
Posted 01 December 2011 at 20:32

Yes, apologies again :)

Ian
Posted 01 December 2011 at 21:59

Appears they are at it again. Please report any posts you find! I have cleaned up what I have found, but no doubt more will arise throughout the day ! :/

Cheers
Posted 15 January 2012 at 07:50

It might be nothing but I've just come on to have a look round and my fone told me I had a private msg I looked at it and its basically telling me about a program to spam mass post on forums or some thing just thought I'd give you a heads up
Posted 29 February 2012 at 14:15

I don't know how to start a thread. PLEASE help me.
Thank you.:D
Posted 01 March 2012 at 01:07

It might not be the right response, but I always advocate retaliation in the form of forkbombs :D
Posted 01 March 2012 at 01:56

well i was going to report some guy for asking me for a spaming program but i just noticed.... hes already banned lol
Posted 15 March 2012 at 04:19

Heh, did it delete his PM or is it still in your box?
Posted 17 March 2012 at 11:41

the pm was still there i didna even pay much attention to the date on it either but it may have ben siting there a while
Posted 18 March 2012 at 10:35