Discussion Forum

Vault v3

I feel selfish. I was always taught to share as I was growing up and that's not what I've been doing.

We're re-writing the sites from scratch and when I say scratch, I mean scratch. I went back to the very beginning, Why do people use this site? What is this site for? What would make it easier to use? I logged in, I built a deck, I searched for cards, I took notes on everything I was doing and thought long and hard about how the current version works... I'm so sorry. :o

I drew wireframes. I passed these to a good friend of mine for redesign (I can't do this bit). I have those designs back and I've just about finished front-end coding the main framework in HTML5 & CSS3 (I'm one of the cool kids now). There's a ton of work to do, I need to slice and code every page of design we have and believe me, there's quite a few of them. Once that's all done, we need to start on the server-side stuff because, you guessed it, we're re-writing all of that too. The current sites work, they may be inefficient, but they do work and that gives us the one thing we've never had when pushing a Vault site out in the past, time. We're going to use as much as it takes, this time, we're going to do things properly.

I probably shouldn't have written this post, seeing as this new version is going to take months and months to finish, but I couldn't resist, please don't hate me and certainly don't try and rush us! On that note, I'll leave you with the smallest of spoilers, enjoy...

http://t.co/WSqVCg3S
Posted 17 December 2011 at 19:48

Look forward to it man =]

Keep up the good work
Posted 18 December 2011 at 00:15

will you move away from the vault/forum seperation?
Posted 19 December 2011 at 11:24

Definitely looking forward to V3. I just got one VERY important question, you will be carrying over all the accounts and their respective decks, won't you? In addition to giving and getting advice and ideas, I use the site to store all my failed and unused deck ideas for future reference.
Posted 23 January 2012 at 19:32

This is an important question, the answer is: YES, of course! Your data is perfectly safe. Decks, cards, comments and anything else you can think of will all be moved over when we eventually switch to v3! :)
Posted 24 January 2012 at 09:23

sounds interesting. might you be able to give us a rough approximation of things or no? if not do not worry about it. :) one other question i have: will we be able to customize our profiles more? make them a little bit more personable? happy stomping! (or in this case, coding)
Posted 24 January 2012 at 23:14

[quote=DoTheWumpus]might you be able to give us a rough approximation of things or no?[/quote]

Nope, sorry! Not because I hate you, but because I have no idea at the moment...

[quote=DoTheWumpus]one other question i have: will we be able to customize our profiles more? make them a little bit more personable?[/quote]

Yes, that's the plan. I don't want to go too crazy, this isn't Facebook! But I certainly want people to want to say "Look, this is MY vault and these are the things I'm using it for".
Posted 25 January 2012 at 11:25

Dude.. if Blizzard told me about Diablo III like.. three months before I was born.. and I've waited this long.. I don't think a couple of months will be a big deal :)

I look forward to it! Don't know why you're apologizing for the site as is, though, it does what it's supposed to do! Anything else will be a perk, especially if you're still planning to integrate the Vault and the forums, and take advantage of more social networking features. That would be boss!
Posted 30 January 2012 at 05:04

On a different subject, any news on when the Dark Ascension cards will be loaded?
Posted 30 January 2012 at 23:25

Good Luck!
Posted 01 February 2012 at 12:50

[quote=thorne44]On a different subject, any news on when the Dark Ascension cards will be loaded?[/quote]

Your wish, is my command. No images yet. ;)
Posted 01 February 2012 at 15:40

Really looking forward to the update! #hardworkpaysoff

MTG Vault is a great site and I've recommended it to all my friends.

A.
Posted 17 February 2012 at 01:53

Just incase you guys didn't know we're giving little updates about v3 on the MTG Vault Facebook page! Check it out and follow our progress here: http://www.facebook.com/mtgvault, Cheers!
Posted 08 August 2012 at 08:21

Awesome! Looking forward to it.
Posted 10 August 2012 at 14:21

After seeing some of the features you guys plan on implementing in V3, I'm really excited about this. This is already my favourite building tool, and it looks like you're still hiding so many goodies :D
Posted 16 August 2012 at 12:44

V-3 is lookin great my question is will there be a easier way to build decks rathee then add new card enter card name search add card repeat it isnt hard just a tad monotinous. also my other question will there be a way to advirtise decks soo we dont have the same users on the top decks list constantly so yeah. thats my two cents
Posted 25 November 2012 at 18:48

The deck creation process is MUCH faster and easier. For starters, it keeps you on the same page!
Posted 27 November 2012 at 10:31

cool man:D:D:D
Posted 27 November 2012 at 14:13