Discussion Forum

when does the mana pool empty

i have been told it emptys after every phase and that it emptys at the end of turn wich is true or if theres some other rule to it could you tell me what it is
Posted 10 January 2012 at 16:13

every player's mana pool empties out at the end of each phase.
Posted 10 January 2012 at 19:43

[QUOTE=Seras]every player's mana pool empties out at the end of each phase.[/QUOTE]

Except when someone is using Upwelling or Omnath, Locus of Mana

Just thought I'd add those in lol...
Posted 26 January 2012 at 22:19

A few blocks ago the mana only emptied at the end of the turn. Then for each mana that was still in your pool you would loose a life. They have taken that out to stop some powerful combos. By having the mana empty at each phase they stopped these mana loops.
Posted 14 March 2012 at 19:20

From the Comp Rules:
[quote]106.4. When an effect produces mana, that mana goes into a player’s mana pool. From there, it can be used to pay costs immediately, or it can stay in the player’s mana pool. Each player’s mana pool empties at the end of each step and phase.[/quote]
Posted 14 March 2012 at 21:23

Thank you efinmiller, as the fact that it empties at each step and phase is important, such as declare blockers step, declare attackers step, and the steps between first strike combat damage and normal combat damage. Sword of feast and famine would be even more broken with double strike if mana didn't empty at each step as well as each phase.
Posted 24 March 2012 at 16:57