Discussion Forum

Red and Black, Out of the Box!

Hey guys!

I've been looking through the red and black deckson the vault I must say that it is rather sad. The utmost monotone reading: It's land-d, goblin, elemental or burn (generally speaking).

I would like you guys to reinvent black and red. There's has got to be different ways to use these two awesome colors of death and destruction.

So give me some out of the box decks, that shows new strengths in red and black. :)

Unfortunately I haven't done my tribute yet :(

I usually use vintage format, without the most expensive cars, but you can do your decks in whichever format you would like.

Good luck on the journey towards a new :manar: :manab: - dawn :)
Posted 11 January 2012 at 22:14

I have Black and Red (red is mostly splashed) that I haven't playtested that much yet but it seems like an interesting deck and it could work. I don't know if it actually falls in one of the standard categories (I don't think it does, but I'm quite the newbie when it comes to terms in magic).

Mostly using some sacrifices to fuel quest of the gravelord and act of treason/mark of mutiny to fuel the sacrifices with the opponents creatures (after hurting him with them). I usually play causual one on one or causual multiplayer (three or four players) so it's a bit tweaked for that (at least I have tried to tweak it for that). Also, I like drawing cards so there's a bit of that too.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=297999

As I said, I don't know if this is a common deck idea, but I haven't seen it elsewhere and it have worked the few times I have played with it.
Posted 18 February 2012 at 14:19