Discussion Forum

GUW Sliver deck?

I was told that GUW slivers is the best choice to go with when making a sliver deck. I don't have any clue as to where I should start. I usually only play up to 2 colors and they are usually u/r or g/r. I play at a casual tourn. so any cards are good. If anyone has any ideas or could tell me what would be good or how to structure the deck I'd be very grateful.:manaw::manag::manau: :)
Posted 24 February 2012 at 15:18

What most play in terms of creatures is

Muscle Sliver
Winged Sliver
Plated Sliver
Crystalline Sliver
Sinew Sliver
Phantasmal Image

Most decks Also run Force of Will, Daze, Brainstorm and Swords to Plowshares

AEther Vial is also very important

Here is an example landbase

1 Island
1 Plains
4 Mutavault
4 Flooded Strand
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Tropical Island
1 Savannah
3 Tundra

the landbase and the force of will makes it an expensive deck and it's not really that good when you compare to decks in a simular budget range.

If you are looking for budget slivers I suggest you play WR (Boros) slivers. A good combination between Burn and agressive slivers.
Posted 24 February 2012 at 16:14

[QUOTE=Seth]What most play in terms of creatures is

Muscle Sliver
Winged Sliver
Plated Sliver
Crystalline Sliver
Sinew Sliver
Phantasmal Image

Most decks Also run Force of Will, Daze, Brainstorm and Swords to Plowshares

AEther Vial is also very important

Here is an example landbase

1 Island
1 Plains
4 Mutavault
4 Flooded Strand
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Tropical Island
1 Savannah
3 Tundra

the landbase and the force of will makes it an expensive deck and it's not really that good when you compare to decks in a simular budget range.

If you are looking for budget slivers I suggest you play WR (Boros) slivers. A good combination between Burn and agressive slivers.[/QUOTE]

Well I have most of the sliver cards but I really don't wanna buy Force of will/the dual lands for the high prices lol.Right now I'm rockin' a G/R sliver deck. Lot's of burn and pump it kills quick but if the game drags on or creature removal happens I get screwed.

These are just slivers/cards(GWU) I have lying around.
As of now I have:

Crystalline Sliver- 4
Muscle Sliver - 4
Sinew Sliver - 4
Winged Sliver - 4
Plated Sliver- 4
Horned Sliver - 3
Shadow Sliver- 4
Quilled Sliver - 3
Sidewinder Sliver - 4
Gemhide Sliver - 4
Quick Sliver - 4
Shifting Sliver - 4
Ward Sliver - 4
Essence Sliver - 3
Brood Sliver - 3
Sliver Legion - 1
AEther Vial - 2 now trying to get a third
Ancient Ziggurat- 4
Sunpetal Grove - 3
Glacial Fortress - 3
Evolving Wilds - 4
Avoid Fate - 4
Rebuff The Wicked -4
Brainstorm - 4
Swords to Plowshares - 4
Oblivion Ring - 4
Posted 25 February 2012 at 00:55

Even on a budget you should run 4xAEther Vial. The reason slivers became tournament worthy was because of force of will and daze backup to prevent people from killing your slivers. It's the weakness of every tribal deck, shoot a few of them down (or better even, sweep the board) and the deck falls appart.

You could play cheap lands like eventide duals (Flooded Grove and the likes), Innistrad duals like Hinterland Harbor, M10 Glacial Fortress etc... This still allows you to play 3 color slivers. Playing Daze goes a long way (but you need islands) and with AEther Vial you could run Counterspell or Mana Leak.
Playing Brainstorm does wonders for a deck as well especially with fetchland.

Basically making slivers good has little to do with the slivers you play :)

You can just go 2 color all in aggro slivers and for casual play it will be an ok deck. You might even do ok in small tournaments but you'll quickly realize that luck is the only factor that plays a part in you winning or loosing and that your deck doesn't have the ability to interact much with other decks. Playing well won't matter if your opponent plays a superior deck.
Posted 27 February 2012 at 09:30