Discussion Forum

[BUG] Service unavailable =[

Every time I try and go on MTGVault, it comes up with an error page saying service unavailable. Before this started happening, it was doing that every time I tried to access any deck on front page. It appears this site is getting more and more bugs as the weeks go by, with the goofy "likes" problem, AWOL messages appearing all the time and now this =[
Please fix this problem!
Posted 01 April 2012 at 03:39

[QUOTE=Jayden_Cruickshank1]Every time I try and go on MTGVault, it comes up with an error page saying service unavailable. Before this started happening, it was doing that every time I tried to access any deck on front page. It appears this site is getting more and more bugs as the weeks go by, with the goofy "likes" problem, AWOL messages appearing all the time and now this =[
Please fix this problem![/QUOTE]

It may be that they ARE fixing it, and I may be wrong, but the admins were talking about some sort of update to the main site. That would probably be why forums are working. Still, I may be wrong.
Posted 01 April 2012 at 06:59

Still down, yikes...
Posted 02 April 2012 at 02:43

Do we actually know if anyone from the site knows its down? It would be kind of silly for us to be waiting just because a port was turned down and no one noticed.
Posted 02 April 2012 at 04:39

I'm not entirely certain that falls under error 503. I haven't worked on server side in a while though.*

* No, I don't work here. In case you get that idea in your head, just no.
Posted 02 April 2012 at 07:33

[QUOTE=WhiteAndBlueTheyKillYou]I'm not entirely certain that falls under error 503. I haven't worked on server side in a while though.*

.[/QUOTE]

who is this directed to?
Posted 02 April 2012 at 08:19

[QUOTE=dagbaker]who is this directed to?[/QUOTE]

Ah, see I had thought I had selected to quote Anoymister, but seems I didn't. Derp on my part.
Posted 02 April 2012 at 08:22

Hi Guys

Sorry for the inconvenience. We had an issue on the server which we're trying to get to the bottom of. If this happens agian, the best way to get our notice is to either send a PM to Gary and I, that way we get emailed. Either that, or use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

Cheers

Ian
Posted 02 April 2012 at 09:16

Woohoo! Thanks for putting the time in to get it up and running again, your site makes refining a deck so much easier that I do not think I would have many of my wins without it :D
Posted 02 April 2012 at 11:12

[QUOTE=WhiteAndBlueTheyKillYou]Woohoo! Thanks for putting the time in to get it up and running again, your site makes refining a deck so much easier that I do not think I would have many of my wins without it :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was lost for a few days. :/
Posted 02 April 2012 at 18:19

Apologies again guys. I've been speaking with our server hosts who now have put some extra monitoring / maintenence checks in place. Hopefully won't happen again :-)

Ian
Posted 02 April 2012 at 20:20