Discussion Forum

Terramorphic expanse?

How can Terramorphic Expanse/Evolving Wilds be used effectively? I can't quite figure it out.
Posted 14 April 2012 at 18:18

[QUOTE=kerdon]How can Terramorphic Expanse/Evolving Wilds be used effectively? I can't quite figure it out.[/QUOTE]

what's not to get? it's a land that replaces itself with the land of the color you need when you need it and it removes land from your deck so that the chances of drawing into land decrease as the game progresses.
It's the nature of fetchland, terramorphic expanse might not be a very good fetchland (misty rainforest and the likes do a much better job) but it still does what fetchland does only kinda slow.
Posted 14 April 2012 at 20:39

Pretty much what Seth said.

TE and EW replace chance w/ choice and maybe throw in a little card advantage. You get to choose the basic land you want to put on the field (when you just can't seem to draw into your 2nd or 3rd color) and one less card you have to draw brings you once step closer to the card you actually want to draw (theoretically, haha).
Posted 16 April 2012 at 05:19

somebody should do the math for rate of return on probability of a good draw with the use of the bad fetches ew/te. and the effective spped increase or decrease of a deck.
Posted 16 April 2012 at 18:46

[QUOTE=mtglord]somebody should do the math for rate of return on probability of a good draw with the use of the bad fetches ew/te. and the effective spped increase or decrease of a deck.[/QUOTE]

It's statements like this that make me realize I've still got alot to learn about the game, haha.

1. How would one go about figuring that out?

2. Would those numbers be helpfull at all? I'd think that these numbers, atleast for these particular cards, would be very "deck specific" and trying to generalize those numbers for most/all decks would give marginal help, if any at all.
Posted 17 April 2012 at 03:47

idk how you would go about that, its very complex math. the numbers would show how many fetches are optimal and if the bad fetches are worth running, it would also show fetches affect on combo decks.
Posted 17 April 2012 at 22:49