Discussion Forum

Self Mill, Thoughts?

Getting back into magic from a little break. Made this deck with some help from my friends at my local game shop. what are your thoughts on the deck?

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=324555
Posted 18 April 2012 at 19:41

bump

the deck as been edited again for the finall build
Posted 23 April 2012 at 16:58

I could have sworn I posted here before.... Eery Deja Vu.

Anyway, I see no point for the sun titan as, he hurts the graveyard abilities of

4x Boneyard Wurm
2x Kessig Cagebreakers
3x Splinterfright

I also don't think delver belongs in here but, I have a grudge against him ^_^. You DO have enough instants and sorceries to make him useful(granted, a lot of them may end up in the graveyard before they get drawn).

Myself, I would drop titans and mana leaks(which you will either mill or not have mana for or this or that or the other). Trust me when I say most of the time you NEED mana leak, you won't have it anyways. In Esper, with mana leak, negate, and cancel, I still wasn't able to counter the critical targets in a lot of cases. The deck was since refined but, the point stands. This deck is aggressive and self-destructive so, mana leak isn't going to be very useful, IMO.

With that, I would add a gideon or two, another tracker's instinct, another artful dodge, and two-three spider spawning.

As long as DoJ can wipe your board and all your creatures can be stopped by a simple doom blade, O Ring, or any other number of standard spot control... I would go ahead and hedge the bet in self mill for numbers.

Laboratory Maniac is also a standard in this deck so that you have a way to protect yourself in the event that you mill to death. Otherwise, I like this build.
Posted 03 May 2012 at 22:29