Discussion Forum

sanguine bond+Exquisite Blood

hi...please help ne clerify this combination:
sanguine bond+Exquisite Blood

if I cast both:
Exquisite Blood:
Whenever an opponent loses life, you gain that much life.
and
Sanguine Bond:
Whenever you gain life, target opponent loses that much life.

and If i deal at least 1 dmg to the opponent...I won immidiatelly?since the ability goes from one card to another and back...i suppose this is an neverending dealing of damage?:confused:

thanks for your help and
please do not be laughing if the idea is stupid
:p

br
Posted 30 April 2012 at 10:13

55 views and no reply?
strange...is my idea so stupid?:eek:
or so good that you have no word to say?:D
what I doubt:(

please any reply

tnx
Posted 01 May 2012 at 10:12

it's not an immediate win but yes, if you have both in play and you gain a life or cause your opponent to lose a life, these two cards will start triggering off of each other and, if uninterrupted, will lead to your opponent losing life until he loses the game.

the reason it's not an automatic instant win is because it can be stopped by things like Krosan Grip. You also have to be careful about cards like Platinum Angel and Phyrexian Unlife because once the loop is started, both triggers are mandatory so they will keep triggering forever..leading to a draw.
Posted 01 May 2012 at 13:27

hi Seras,

thanks for your reply....so I was almoust right.:)
if in the moment when I have both mentioned cards in play and gain 1 life or dela 1 damage...and if there is no interrup or cards like you mentioned available on oponent's side....I've won the game it that moment?

I know that there are too many "if"...but this is the point...right?

thanks again

br
Posted 01 May 2012 at 18:58

No one responded because this is not standard legal and is posted in the standard constructed forum. However, it is absolutely devastating if you make that happen!
Posted 02 May 2012 at 21:30

Hi Cob,

sorry, I'm new here....thanks for understanding
I'm playing MTG for fun with a couple of friends with no rules....so..I hope oyu understand my question about that combination.

thanks....I've received what I was looking for.

MTG RULES

br
Posted 03 May 2012 at 06:39