Discussion Forum

R/G Werewolves. Comments and help on sideboard.

Champion of Lambholt x4
Huntmaster of the Fells x2
Immerwolf x3
Lambholt Elder x2
Mayor of Avabruck x4
Mondronen Shaman x2
Reckless Waif x4
Scorned Villager x2
Wolfbitten Captive x4
Young Wolf x4

Garruck Relentless x1

Full Moon's Rise x4
Moonmist x4

Cavern of Souls x4
Forest x6
Mountain x5
Rootbound Crag x4

Any help and comments would be greatly appreciated. I playtested twice now and it great both times. Still need a sideboard though. :)
Posted 14 May 2012 at 00:35

Just noticed there is only 59 cards so I could add another mountain or maybe throw in tibalt. Any suggestions?
Posted 14 May 2012 at 04:35

An effective wolf deck can lose a few wolves in favor of a stronger card which is not thematic. Strangleroot geist over scorned villager I would say. Full moon's rise is not as useful as I used to think, many people have proven this to me (much to my dismay!) It will not protect young wolf (I know, SO devastating) but mostly, it won't protect immerwolf which, in turn, will leave your battle plan more exposed to weakness!

4 immerwolves is a must and i would add village survivors. how do you plan to handle decks which can deal damage without attacking? Or worse, decks which can simply handle everything wolves can throw! Hellrider is the answer xD
Posted 20 May 2012 at 20:26

[QUOTE=SonicLionHeart]Just noticed there is only 59 cards so I could add another mountain or maybe throw in tibalt. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Throw in an Instigator Gang. Do NOT use Tibalt. He needs a very specialized deck to work, and that deck is not aggro.
Posted 20 May 2012 at 21:08

[QUOTE=racky54]Do NOT use Tibalt. [/QUOTE]

This.

I would recommend Kruin Outlaw over instigator gang(not that it is a bad choice... certainly works in wolf tribal!) because I am not a fan of +x/+0.... it leaves your super powered creatures open to the same removal they were open to prior to the effect. BSZ, skinrender, rollin temblor, shock/pillar, volley pre-morbid, for some geistflame and gutshot are enough.

Beyond that, Kruin outlaw will give your opponent an immediate threat to deal with, it flips to double strike and, with mayors and immerwolves.... He would be many players' primary target. Sometimes, giving them that distraction for even just a moment is enough.
Posted 21 May 2012 at 02:14

what jumps out to me is that you only have 19 lands, you need 22-23. 4 Copperline Gorge would be ideal but if that's outside your budget then add some extra forests and mountains
Posted 21 May 2012 at 02:52

I'm not sold on Lambholt Elders. I would run 4x Scorned Villagers... easy mana ramp, and vigilant when they flip. 4 Immerwolves are a must, too.
Posted 22 May 2012 at 02:50