Discussion Forum

Flameblast Dragon?

When Flameblast Dragon attacks its ability activates. Does it mean, five damage to whatever creatures it attack + extra damage to target of choice or is it one or the other.
Posted 05 June 2012 at 02:03

First, a little nitpick. Creatures don't technically attack other creatures. They attack players or planeswalkers, then possibly deal combat damage to other (blocking) creatures. Also, I'm assuming that in your scenario X=5.

For Flameblast Dragon's ability, it says "target creature or player". So you can only choose 1 target. Otherwise it might say something like "...X damage to target creature or player, and X damage to a/each creature blocking it."
Posted 05 June 2012 at 05:38

[QUOTE=gravemetal]When Flameblast Dragon attacks its ability activates. Does it mean, five damage to whatever creatures it attack + extra damage to target of choice or is it one or the other.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he deals his own 5 damage as usual to either 1 or multiple blocking creatures or to an opponent or planeswalker if unblocked and the additional damage from the triggered ability to a single target of your choice.
Posted 05 June 2012 at 09:15

Thanks that exactly what i needed to know, trying to understand my card better. :D
Posted 05 June 2012 at 09:39