Discussion Forum

G/W/B Human deck -- Please help!

I made this entire deck just with the cards that I currently have. I'm willing to buy singles and trade to improve the deck, but I'd love some suggestions first on what cards to go after. I'd really like to have something decent to use at a FNM

Sticher's Apprentice, Dawntreader Elk, Selfless Cathar, Deranged Outcast, and Alchemist's Apprentice are all cheap creatures that can be sacrificed for land fetch, card draw, creature token, or power-up, making the deck fast in the early going. Caravan Vigil and Unruly Mob are enhanced when creatures die also adding to the decks speed.

In the later game the smaller cheap creatures can be pumped with things like Bonehoard and Wreath of Geists thanks to the sacrificed creatures and Angelic Destiny can also pump puny creatures. Ghoultree and Angelic Overseer are bigger creatures that work well with the general strategy of the deck.

I'd love some suggestions. I made this deck only with cards that I have, but I'm willing to buy singles to bring it up to tournament quality while keeping it standard legal. Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated!

Artifacts
2x Bonehoard
Creatures
1x Angelic Overseer
1x Champion of the Parish
4x Selfless Cathar
4x Unruly Mob
3x Stitcher's Apprentice
1x Thraben Doomsayer
4x Dawntreader Elk
1x Deranged Outcast
1x Ghoultree
4x Alchemist's Apprentice
Enchantments
2x Angelic Destiny
4x Wreath of Geists
Land
2x Glacial Fortress
2x Moorland Haunt
2x Shimmering Grotto
2x Evolving Wilds
6x Plains
5x Island
5x Forest
Spells
4x Caravan Vigil
Posted 15 June 2012 at 03:45

Im going to go out on a limb here and say do a Google search for a deck called Human Descendants. Trade for copies of cards on that list. It's pretty nasty. Just G/W humans, no graveyard shinanigans to be had, but a lot of good humans that interact well with each other. Alternatively you can search up Boros Humans, which is W/R humans and is also fairly nasty, though quite abit more pricey.
Posted 16 June 2012 at 07:01

I have to thank you for this deck idea. It is versatile, and could work very well. My only problem has to do with the Angelic Overseers and the Moorland Haunts. Maybe add some Boneyard Wurms for power and a few Mass Appeals for card draw. Another cute thing you could put in it would be some Gnaw to the Bones, which is good for life gain
Posted 22 April 2013 at 19:02