Discussion Forum

Vault V3

I think there could be an option of what we see on the front page. I would like to see a top ten of EDH decks rated by likes, on the front page, for example.
Each user should be able to choose how the front page is organized for themselves. To change the settings of what they see, there could be a box to choose the format they want to see, and how what they see has been rated (most/least liked or most/least commented). There could also be a "friends most recent decks" section, or something like it.

So that's just an idea I had. I'd like to see other's ideas about this as well.
Posted 17 June 2012 at 23:33

Are you spying on me?! :D

Basically, this. I'm fed up of the homepage being the ultimate goal, that's why we're dropping the homepage in its current form, there will be no single ultimate goal but instead a version of "top decks" for every deck tag in the system. This should allow us to get a more even spread of comments/likes across the vast variety of deck types rather than the very limited homepage funnel that we currently have.

We've not 100% decided what will be going on the homepage yet but I do like the idea of allowing the user to tailor it themselves. We're considering having the homepage locked down to a signup form with a random selection of decks every refresh or even just a signup form but there's nothing stopping us changing this to a specific /tag/top/ page once the user has logged in...
Posted 18 June 2012 at 10:18

THANKYOU!!! i too was getting very fed up with the current system and i was just about to suggest what your already planning.

on top of what you guys have said, i would like a "new ideas" deck type option for each format, so instead of putting your deck down as "control" you could put it down as "new idea (STD)" or whatever. this is because most of the front page decks are people who have just built the perfect humans or the perfect elfdrazi or something, but i want to see people who actually think about the cards they have at their disposal, and say "i wonder what else I can do with these.

all the best.
Posted 18 June 2012 at 22:46

[QUOTE=Gary]

We've not 100% decided what will be going on the homepage yet but I do like the idea of allowing the user to tailor it themselves. We're considering having the homepage locked down to a signup form with a random selection of decks every refresh or even just a signup form but there's nothing stopping us changing this to a specific /tag/top/ page once the user has logged in...[/QUOTE]

I'd like the Login/Signup page to be the first page when entering, so I don't have to waste clicks logging in. If there could be a "stay logged in" option, that would also be very cool.
Posted 23 June 2012 at 06:07

I think the homepage should be random decks by a selected format. This will solve two problems at once! With this method, there will be no ultimate goal and one will be able to choose the format. If I'm looking for Standard decks, I don't want random crap from Zendikar.
Posted 24 June 2012 at 15:18

I was thinking random by default and then letting users choose a default tag/type to view. From past experience, showing random things can lead to confusion for some users though...
Posted 24 June 2012 at 15:24

[QUOTE=Gary]I was thinking random by default and then letting users choose a default tag/type to view. From past experience, showing random things can lead to confusion for some users though...[/QUOTE]

yes, confusion is for pokemon
Posted 24 June 2012 at 18:22

Just wondering, when is the expected/target release date for v3?

Also, could there be a sorting system within the deck, like ABC order? I don't like that it is by set and color. Could there be an option to change it?
Posted 26 June 2012 at 22:38

We're doing late night coding sessions every Wednesday at the moment with a few bits here and there in-between.

It's looking good but there's so much still to do, it's crazy! I wrote the first version of this site in a week but when you take a look at all the additional features we've added over the years, the re-write has just become a mammoth task. There's no way I want to release before it's ready so I'd say we're looking at a good month or two in all honesty...
Posted 05 July 2012 at 00:56