Discussion Forum

Door to Nothingness

I'm considering a 5-color deck built around Door to Nothingness's instant-win ability. Being able to tap 2 of each color of mana for 10 total mana within any reasonable number of turns is tough, but I figure a combination of City of Brass, Dual Lands, Mox Diamond, Birds of Paradise, and the colored Myrs ought to have rainbow mana explosion capability. That combined with a few tutors and counterspells to ensure Door to Nothingness makes it onto the battlefield and you have a "tap to win the game" card.

Has anyone ever seen this card used effectively? I'm experimenting with a deck build that could potentially have the door out between turns 5 and 7. Certainly not gonna win any Vintage tournaments with it, but I'm not a tournament player and would just like to see the looks on people's faces when they see this "I win the game" card drop on turn 5. Especially when up till that point they will just be wondering what the heck I'm doing putting out all this mana ramp stuff and not doing a whole lot with it.
Posted 01 July 2012 at 12:00

to post a comment.