Discussion Forum

Lifeline¸

hy...:cool:
can anyone help me to clerify the abiliti of lifeline:
Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard and a creature is in play, return that creature from your graveyard to play at end of turn.

the bold part:
is this valid for creatures that goes into a graveyard from play or from anywhere(hand)?:confused:

thanks for you help
br bers13
Posted 28 July 2012 at 19:01

the revised Oracle test for Lifeline states: [QUOTE]"Whenever a creature dies, if another creature is on the battlefield, return the first card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step."[/QUOTE]

it uses the keyword 'die' which means it only works if the creature went to the graveyard from the battlefield.
Posted 28 July 2012 at 20:57

thanks....Seras :)
so..only from the battlefield

but...additional question::confused:
dies menas only when attack/deffend from another creature
or also when goes into the graveyard because os some sacrifice speel(Bone Splinters,Bloodflow Connoisseur, Murder
Instant,Public Execution) or exile spell like (oblivion ring)???

br
Posted 28 July 2012 at 21:10

if the creature went from the battlefield to the graveyard, then it "died". doesn't matter what made it go there.

exile(like oblivion ring) is something completely different, it does not trigger "die" because the creature doesn't go to the graveyard, it goes to the exile zone.
Posted 29 July 2012 at 01:10

great...thanks Seras,

I just needed a confirmation since I'm not so good in the rools and introducing new players in the magic MTG world it's not so easy without knoledge.

thanks again ;)

br bers13
Posted 29 July 2012 at 17:56