Discussion Forum

Infinite Combos

I only know of two infinite combos (or Arbitrarily Large Combo): Earthcraft & Squirrel Nest; and Grindstone & Painter's Servant. I did come across another card called "Candelabra of Tawnos." I was wondering two things:

1st: Can Candelabra of Tawnos be used for an Infinite Combo with lands and

2nd: If you know of any other Infinite Combos, could use please post them and its effect.
Posted 12 December 2009 at 02:20

for the candelabra: any land that produces two mana(or more) can untap itself and still give you the extra mana...giving you as much mana as you want

another classic infinite loop combo is Izzet Guildmage copying a Lava Spike spliced with Desperate Ritual for infinite damage
Posted 12 December 2009 at 22:52

there is quillspike and devoted druid combo, and that will make quillspike potentially infinite/infinite. then there is also infinite turns using magistrate scepter and energy chambers.
Posted 13 December 2009 at 07:07

i know a somewhat infinite lol oracle of mul daya and scouting trek
Posted 13 December 2009 at 08:22

mana that is
Posted 13 December 2009 at 08:24

Candelabra of Tawnos cannot be used for infinite mana as it Taps as part of the cost. There is an errata for the card that changes the wording to

X, T: Untap X target lands.

It's still a great card though.
Posted 16 December 2009 at 13:30

Oracle of Mul Daya + scouting trek is good but you can still only put two land per turn in. Still, it's a super good combo. Especially if you happen to be on the plane where you can play any number of lands....
Posted 16 December 2009 at 16:33

There's the classic elf deck-dump combo where Glimpse of nature, nettle sentinels, and birchlore rangers lets you play as many creatures as you can draw in a row: Nettle sentinels untap whenever you play a green spell, tap them again for mana from birchlore, and then glimpse of nature gives you a draw when you play the next green spell and repeat. I've seen it go off once before, if they play their mana right from birchlore (or have a thousand year elixir out for ability-haste) it's basically like dropping Nissa Revane's final. About the only way to make it worse is if they have haste somehow or use some of the mana from birchlore to drop an eldrazi monument.

Not truly "infinite" but Mercy killing, thousand year elixir, optionally immaculate magistrates and wellwishers make for a stupid amount of health. Just make insane numbers of 1/1 elf warrior tokens out of something with a high power. Thousand year elixir lets you untap target creature for :mana1:
Posted 19 December 2009 at 07:55

Umbral Mantle + Viridian Joiner: Equip the elf with the Mantle, then tap the elf for G. Add two additional mana from another source, and use the untap ability granted by the mantle to untap and grant the elf +2/+2. Now you can repeat the process, except the elf adds GGG this time, and you can untap him for free. Every time past the first, you create a net gain of mana with this process. The elf also gets arbitrarily large.

Grim Monolith + Power Artifact: It's painfully simple: enchant the monolith with power artifact. Now it taps for three mana, and untaps itself for two mana.

Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth: Tap the Monolith for three mana and then pay three to untap it, plus another two to copy the untap ability via the Rings. Let the Monolith untap once, then tap it for mana again before the copied untap ability has resolved. Then, that copy resolves, the Monolith is untapped and you have 3 mana floating. You may repeat the process as much as you wish for infinite mana.

Perstermite/Sky Hussar + Kiki Jiki, Mirror Breaker: Use Kiki Jiki to copy either of the listed creatures. The copy of the creature comes into play and untaps Kiki Jiki to repeat the process. You get infinite hasty flying tokens.

Time Vault + Tezzeret the Seeker/Voltaic Key: Use either the Key or Tez's ability every turn to untap the Vault and take an additional turn. Infinite turns.

Spellbinder + Savage Beating: Imprint the Savage Beating on the Spellbinder, and whenever a creature weilding the equipment hits an opponent, you get another attack phase. You can attack as many times as you can get the creature through unblocked.

Animate Dead/Dance of the Dead/Necromancy + Worldgorger Dragon: Get the dragon in the graveyard somehow, and then animate it with one of the listed enchantments. The dragon enters the battlefield and it's triggered ability activates, exiling all your other permanents (including the Animate Dead). The Animate Dead is gone so the dragon dies, and it's leaves the battlefield ability triggers and returns the enchantment to play, where it may then reanimate the dragon and start the process over again. Each time a permanent is exiled and returned it comes back to play untapped, so each time through the loop you're free to float any mana you want from your infinitley-untapping lands.

Krak-Clan Ironworks/Ashnod's Altar + x2 Myr Retriever: Sacrifice the Myr Retriever to the Ironworks/Altar to get two mana, and use it to play another Myr Retriever. Then sacrifice the second Myr for two, use it's triggered ability to return the first to your hand, and use the mana to play the Myr once again. Repeat ad nauseum for infinite Storm count. You can add Etherium Sculptor, Cloud Key, Helm of Awakening, or Stone Calendar to generate infinite mana, too.

There's probably hundreds of others out there. I can think of quite a few more myself, but I'm getting too lazy to post them all. I might come back and edit in a few in the future.
Posted 26 December 2009 at 00:39

[QUOTE=scumbling1]Umbral Mantle + Viridian Joiner: Equip the elf with the Mantle, then tap the elf for G. Add two additional mana from another source, and use the untap ability granted by the mantle to untap and grant the elf +2/+2. Now you can repeat the process, except the elf adds GGG this time, and you can untap him for free. Every time past the first, you create a net gain of mana with this process. The elf also gets arbitrarily large.
[/QUOTE]

Oh god, I just imagined doing that but including a Rhys the Redeemed in the loop with it's own Umbral Mantle. Infinite token generation in a single turn.
Posted 26 December 2009 at 01:05

it's not an quite an infinite combo but it does get increasingly stronger each turn, wall of reverence + cradle of vitality it's pretty fun...
wall of reverence has "at the end of your turn you may gain life equal to the power of target creature you control"
cradle of vitality has "whenever you gain life you may pay 1W. If you do put a +1/+1 counter on target creature for each one life you gained"
you can bump up this combo with soul's grace which is "you gain life equal to target creature's power"
Posted 26 December 2009 at 04:28

this is an oldschool one Grimiore Thief, Paradise Mantle, and any equiptment or aura that says "(U) Untap target permanent , it in turn gives you an infinite exile mill
Posted 04 May 2011 at 17:51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 4 infinite loop token decks:
Dr. Sushi
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=283788
Goblen Hell
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=340694
St. Nick's Elves
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=340731
Mr. Stone
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=340827
Posted 23 May 2012 at 15:47

My current favorite combo is Undead Alchemist + Infinite Reflection. Undead Alchemist does damage by milling your opponent for each point of damage you inflict, and any creature cards milled are exiled and net you another 2/2zombie. Infinite Reflection makes all non-token creatures you control a copy of the enchanted creature. Voila.... now you multiply the number of milled cards by the number of non-token creatures you have in play. If you can get this set up, even with 2 or 3 cheap non-token creatures in play, you create a milling machine that creates more damage potential for every creature you mill. You should burn through your opponent's deck in 2-3 turns, MAX.
Posted 29 May 2012 at 00:34

Cant believe nobody mentioned the Myr infinite mana loop.

2 Myr Galvanizer plus any 2 mana myrs or 1 Palladium myr and you have an infinite mana loop.

Myr Galvanizer: 3 to cast, 2/2, gives all other myrs +1/+1, pay 1 and tap, untap all other myrs you control, so with 2 mana myrs or 1 palladium myr (palladium gives 2 colorless mana) you can tap and untap infinitely.
Posted 13 June 2012 at 17:23

infinite attacking phases. hellkite charger and bear umbra.

my inf. Myr deck:
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=291764
(not posting this to up its popularity, just as an example of inf. combos.)

inf. turn taking. time vault+ anything that untaps artifacts.

inf. persist damage: murderous redcap+melira+viscera seer.
(insert kitchen finks for redcap for inf. life gain instead, or woodfall primus for non-creature destuction.)

inf. life gain/loss
sanguine bond+exquisite blood+anything that gains you life/ makes your opponent lose life.
Posted 20 June 2012 at 15:47

[QUOTE=Seth]Candelabra of Tawnos cannot be used for infinite mana as it Taps as part of the cost. There is an errata for the card that changes the wording to

X, T: Untap X target lands.

It's still a great card though.[/QUOTE]

Sir you are very incorrect, and I would know this especially since I own the card, but it is :manax: colorless cost, NO TAP, therefore easy infinite mana. Its like a 2 part mox lotus.
Posted 09 June 2014 at 13:17