Discussion Forum

Need suggestions for a deck ...

My idea for my casual player deck :

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=362176

See my description cause it's seem a weird deck at first, but it's pretty effective, I thinked of some cards to add, maybe phyrexian mana cards, hybrid mana cards, alternate costs cards and such may be needed in it ...

I will play against this deck :

http://www.magic-ville.com/fr/decks/showdeck.php?301181

It aim to a combo with patriach and goblin sharpshooter ...
*goblin sacrifice with 2 junk black cards*
Posted 31 August 2012 at 01:10

Looks pretty bad for you :)

He has an incomplete vintage goblin deck, I don't really understand why he plays Patriarchs Bidding but if he would just play hardcore goblins with 4 Goblin Lackey and 4 Gempalm Incinerator and maybe more removal as that is the weakness of your deck you wouldn't stand a chance. Legacy goblins are the most efficient tribal there is and several cards he plays like Goblin Recruiter and skullclamp are banned in legacy (but not in vintage) so it's a pretty insane deck or at least it can be once fully optimized.

You have an infect deck which means you need to do damage which can be hard against a fast tribal like goblins who should have more creatures then you do.

Have you concidered Blazing Shoal Infect combo?

4xBlazing Shoal (with big red cards like 4xProgenitus + 4xReaper King)
4xInkmoth Nexus and 4xGlistener Elf

you can increase the concistency by playing tutors like Summoner's Pact.

You would need some removal as well to get past blockers.

It's pretty much what they played in Modern before it was banned for being to fast.

PS: If you want to fight goblins, which is pretty difficult, I myself have lost almost every match I've played against goblins ever, you could play something like Engineered Plague which is quite effective.
Posted 31 August 2012 at 06:53

I see mass damage like pyroclasm being a pain for this deck, sudden spoiling great to save time, trample with pump spells being another pain, 0 cost spells could be worth a look also, any graveyard blocker/removal also, all abilities blockers also ...

My deck is near as much fast as a goblin deck but far more effective head to head, if I get pass trought defenses, I may need a hit or two to win, I have seen a card that I listed in my potential added cards, this may block most goblins to attack, leaving the job to remove a few remaining threats but his side is sweeped by a Pyroclasm at the right time ...
Posted 31 August 2012 at 07:56

Ground Seal break the winning combo and disable the two main combo cards.

Fog will disable combat damage for a turn.

Pyroclasm kill his army on one shot.

Engineered Plague kill and make others creatures weaks.

Winter's Grasp, Rain of Tears and Rancid Earth may destroy his dual land.

Volcanic Strength for landwalk and pump spell. *seem my best option*

Circle of protection red may disable most of the deck.
Posted 31 August 2012 at 08:42

Rune of protection : Red

I see that my Apostle's Blessing also protect me

Blighted Agent is also an alternative

Marrow shards may help also

Norn's Annex also

Ruthless Invasion ...

surgical extraction may remove the cards that annoy me

Angel of Jubilation disable all sacrifices

Cursed Totem ???

Peace Talks ???

Asceticism ???

Canopy Cover ???

Drove of Elves ???

Gladecover Scout ???

Imperial Mask ???

Invisible stalker ???

Leyline of Sanctity ???

Lumberknot ???

Mask of Avacyn ???

Privileged Position ???

Swiftfoot Boots ???

Veilstone Amulet ??? ***********

Vines of Vastwood ???

Witchbane Orb ???
Posted 31 August 2012 at 09:14

Conversion ???

I think that I covered most strategies, I think I could just switch my sidedeck to switch in a goblins killer mode ... ;)

Someone to help me to build the deck right ?
Posted 31 August 2012 at 09:24

hmmmm, infect vs goblin huh?
Well one thing i know about goblins are that they are fast, if your gonna do the whole infect thing you gotta hit them fast too... the hard part with that is goblins come out quickly with blockers... theres not alot of flying goblins out there so the aura call to serve might not be a bad one to look at, and i'm always a fan of rancor. To keep your guys alive and for a good little add to infect check out canopy cover. Asceticism is one of my favs for creature protection as well.

I don't do infect very much so I'm not 100 percent on the best things for it... When I have experimented with it I splash in red and black, they have plenty of removal which i find necessary for these sort of decks. Red has assault strobe which i think is the best card to add in an infect deck. If you burn away the creatures able to block and can get your creature to a power of 5, then assault strobe takes the win for you.
Posted 03 September 2012 at 01:54