Discussion Forum

Return to Ravnica

http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/view/2884

The first glimpse I've seen to the new edition Return to Ravnica.
What you guys think about what cards they showed already for the edition?
Posted 06 September 2012 at 04:47

Vraska looks like a lot of fun. Jace is alright, but nothing game-breaking. Abrupt Decay and Dreadbore are really solid removal, and I like Chromatic Lantern a lot. I look forward to making some fun Golgari deck for Standard :)
Posted 06 September 2012 at 21:36

Do not underestimate the new Jace, his powerlevel is up there with the best of them. He's no Mindsculptor or Elspeth Knight Errant but the fact or fiction effect is really good and making all your opponents creatures weaker is also really good, and I mean REALLY good. I think most people underestimate the -1/-0, in a competitive format it's a really big deal.

I'm sure the ultimate ability will translate into some win combo's.
Posted 07 September 2012 at 08:15

This Jace is alot different from the past ones too. It's not so much about drawing or milling this time, I mean he has deck manipulation, but this jace has a different theme to it I feel. Plus the artwork is really good for this one from a visual standpoint.

I feel defender decks are going to have a comeback, with axebane guardian now, 4 of him and 4 of overgrown battlement are going to make some very powerful decks, like a more defensive and slightly slower version of elves.
Defender decks that are dropping eldrazi haha
Posted 07 September 2012 at 14:09

Jace would be much better if he FoFed to the graveyard instead of deck...
I am definitely going to be making a Pack Rats deck though :)
Posted 08 September 2012 at 02:55

Ohhhh the rat decks, sounds like they might have a little comeback haha

slaughter games is neat, another little boost to extraction decks, like the can't be countered theme a few cards have...

And would you look at that, another 15/15 mythic creature, it's not quite emrakul to say the least, but it's still a powerful card... it's weak against exile cards tho, one path to exile and your day is ruined with him...

I can see dryad militant being a very popular sideboard card btw

Personally I will be building a deck for guttersnipe, that'll be a fun card to abuse
Posted 08 September 2012 at 04:32

Dryad Militant seems maindeckable to me. I think Worldspine Wurm will be lots of fun with Through the Breach and Sneak Attack.

Guttersnipe and Talrand, Sky Summoner seems like value.dec
Play both of those, maybe a Goblin Electromancer, then play something simple, say Krenko's Command. 2/2 flyer, 2 damage to opponent, 2 1/1 goblins for :manar:? Welcome to value town!

Slaughter Games just seems like a worse Memoricide to me :/
Posted 09 September 2012 at 22:44