Discussion Forum

Dredgegape

I've always reanimator-style decks, and the Ravnica block. So in honor of its return I've built a Golgari style, graveyard based deck.

I'd love to have some feedback, advice, criticism, and comments in general before I actually construct it, as I have good idea's but am not too great with the execution.

Thanks! :D

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=385963
Posted 18 September 2012 at 03:51

playing multiple stripmines is illegal in every competitive format and the last thing poeple want to do is play against a stripmine lock in casual, let alone one that isn't even legal in vintage. Where's the fun in that? I just don't get that.
Posted 18 September 2012 at 07:01

I only play with a casual group of friends, and one of them has a mill deck designed specifically to annoy. Isochrons with counterspells, hedron crabs, ect. Once he triple archive trapped me first turn for using a fetch land. So that part was just to screw with him. I wouldn't subject anyone else to that lol.

Any tips about the rest of the deck?
Posted 18 September 2012 at 07:19

Looks pretty well designed to me. Personally I would cut Necroplasm as I never liked how it works, it's just not that effective.

Since you have dread return I would try to do more fucked up stuff since it's kind'o costly if you don't do something really abusive with it.

I would probably add red to the deck for

4xFaithless Looting
1xAnger

maybe 1xKiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker if you have it, it's become expensive due to the Modern tournament format but it used to be pretty cheap. It's always fun.

Anyway the Faithless looting gives you amazing dredge power and the Anger gives your fatties (doomgape) haste if you have a mountain.

I would also play cycle lands (Tranquil Thicket and the likes) and add another Life from the Loam. Life From the Loam with cycle lands gives you a great drawing engine.

Why don't you play Grave-Troll? He's the best dredge creature.

I would probably run a Grave Titan as well, it's such an awesome creature. Then again I would probably run a single Living Death, a single Recurring Nightmare and probably a few Pernicious Deed. It all depends on what you have and how well your group recieves such cards.

Anyway, faithless looting/Anger/Cycle Lands seems like a nice optimization while still keeping it very casual.

--edit---

put something together, this is what I have so far

3x Golgari Grave-Troll
2x Savra, Queen of the Golgari
2x Shambling Shell
2x Gleancrawler
2x Doomgape
3x Stinkweed Imp
3x Eternal Witness
1x Anger
1x Grave Titan
4x Nest Invader