Discussion Forum

Why do people get offended if you don't play certain deck styles.

I'm curious about this. Twice now I've had people comment on my deck claiming I'm playing wrong for not playing "Red" as burn. That it's the only viable form competitively.
Posted 12 October 2012 at 00:15

Are you sure they were not just trying to help you improve the performance of your deck? I don't see why people would care what you play as long as it's legal.

What I do understand is that poeple don't appreciate certain playstyles or cards in certain formats. For instance I don't appreciate people playing cards like Identity Crisis in casual formats like commander, especially in multiplayer. It's not that bad if they kill you the turn after but if they just take away your ability to play and then let the game drag on for another hour that's just no fun.
That said I'm perfectly fine with people playing for instance Hymn to tourach (which is way better then identity crisis) when playtesting legacy because then you're playtesting a tournament format and the purpose is not to have a fun casual light game, it's to get better so you can win tournaments.
Posted 12 October 2012 at 07:13