Discussion Forum

Whatever happened to enchant worlds?

For those of you that didn't play Magic back then, there used to be a card type called "enchant world". The idea behind the card type was that whoever played the enchantment took both players to another plane of existence, where the same thing happened to both players as they dealt with the new environment, but one player (presumably the guy that played the card) was better equipped to deal with the new world, since he was the guy that took everyone there. They also had something of a reverse Legend rule, where playing a new one destroyed the old one (as the guy playing the new one was dragging both of you to a world where he was better; I'm pretty sure that was how this rule worked). Now that the theme of Magic is "You are the Planeswalker", don't you think it would be cool if they brought these cards back as a way of representing this aspect of the Multiverse? I know I think that; how about you?
Posted 02 November 2012 at 09:48

for me magic is a tactical game with strickt rules, the less storybased backround they try to give it the better it is for the game in my opinion.
If we want story we can play dungeons and dragons or simular storybased games that aren't meant to be competitive.
Posted 04 November 2012 at 12:47