Discussion Forum

Cackling Counterpart Claryfication

Cackling counterpart says that you make a 'Token' that is the copy of a card you control. So by that wording, Parallel lives would cause Cackling Counterpart to create TWO tokens, yes? And populate would allow you to create more copies of that token, right?
Posted 09 December 2012 at 03:55

Ok, so I did some more research, and it does work the way I asked. So, now I am looking for help with the development of the deck I am working on. I have a version of it currently built, but not with the Populate or Parallel Lives in there.

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=412493
Posted 09 December 2012 at 04:27

I seem to be getting a number of views on this thread, but few (1) comments on the deck or this thread even. Sure would like some feedback.
Posted 11 December 2012 at 01:55

i don't know much in the way of new stuff as i am an old vet that is comeing back to the game. i'll take a look, but everything you say sounds pretty sound.
Posted 11 December 2012 at 04:27

indeed on all counts. this deck has great senergy and i'd love to see how it plays.
Posted 11 December 2012 at 04:47

on a side note i'm gonna book mark your deck idea :D
Posted 11 December 2012 at 04:53

Thanks. :) I am trying to think of any of my Instants or Sorceries that I can change out for better versions, but I am at a standstill on that. Don't really want to mess with the current creatures, kinda like the current set up and don't want to add extra.
Posted 11 December 2012 at 19:40

I like this idea, but I'd be careful... I don't think you can use the Undead Alchemist to mill multiple time (at least, that was what I was told when I tried to use a similar deck at FNM). However, if you WERE able to mill multiple times with multiple Alchemists in play, I would recommend adding some Infinite Reflections... nothing like having a horde of 16 2/2 xombies backed up by 8 or 9 Undead Alchemists. 8)
Posted 22 February 2013 at 18:18