Discussion Forum

4 Color Glory **Infinite**

This is a new deck idea I have come up with, using yes you've guessed it, Angel of Glory's Rise.

The deck is an Unburial rites, Angel/human deck, with endless possibilities, including an Infinite combo that has a turn 5 potential.

Basically the point of the deck is to mill yourself, until you are able to cast Angel of Glory's Rise, and bring back all humans. When Fiend Hunter comes back, you use it to exile the Angel of Glory's Rise, and the rest can hit anything else of which you desire.

Now the fun part, is our Sac outlet. Falkenrath Aristocrat! I mean really, who DOESN'T love Falkenrath? (Other than when its being played against us, right?) Using Falkenrath, allows for the combo to go Infinite. Using the Falkenrath to simply, sacrifice the Fiend Hunter which is currently exiling the Angel. So then Fiend Hunter goes to graveyard, Angel comes back, bringing all humans back. So let's exile our angel yet again, Rinse and repeat.!

We can make this combo go infinite Life gain, infinite damage, infinite counters on Falkenrath.

Now some people may think this is the only way we can win. WROOOONG!!! You'll notice that all creatures, are low enough cast that we can drop then early, and make it efficient. Against the AGGRO matchups (our worst possible matchup) we have mainboarded the Cathedral Santifier, in order for us to get that +3 Life gain, as well as a chump blocker. turn 2 we want to be Flooding our own lands, so on turn 3 we start our insanely quick milling of ourselves. Our next drops, are 3 drops, allowing us to deal more damage, and have a chump blocker with Kessig Malcontent, or exiling someone important with our Fiend Hunters.

Also Supreme Verdict being in the deck is a fun we to combo a little more... so we dont have a Falkenrath aristocrat out... BUT we do have an uncounterable board-wipe.... So our humans all die... shucks, but hey look Angel of Glory's Rise comes back, AND SO DO OUR HUMANS!! YAY!!!!!!!

Hope you guys enjoy this deck as much as i do, and i will make sure to add more about the Sideboard later!!!

Here it is:

Deck link:http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=417513
Posted 28 December 2012 at 08:36

it's been a long time since I liked a standard deck and I LIKE this one :)

isn't Kessig Malcontents something you want to play only once as it is just a late game combo piece and Cathedral Sanctifier a card you want 4 times to simply stay alive?

(take into accound that I don't know anything about standard these days)

Chronic Flooding looks like a very bad card but basically it does what Hedron Crab used to do so I do get its function. It just seems bad in pinch. The Crab could worst case be used as a blocker to survive. Is there no better alternative?
Posted 28 December 2012 at 09:39

Well Kessig Malcontents, all stack their ability together when they enter from the Angel of glory's Rise trigger. So for every human that comes out you lose that much life, PER Malcontent. But also the malcontents are a 3 drop which allow you to have that turn 3 blocker if need be for those aggro decks.

Cathedral Santifier is that other turn 1 option, especially against aggro decks, so that you can get that quick little boost of life, plus have a little chumper, to help push to that midgame time that you need to wipe board and start the combo, or to just play the creatures from your hand and take out your opponent.

Now as for Chronic Flooding. This card is a huge graveyard based card, so what it does is it actually allows you to float mana, so you enchant your own land, float a white mana for unburial, and have more possible humans lan into your graveyard. which allows for more creatures once your angel comes into play. Or, if youre playing against a deck that cannot handle getting that mill, then anchant their land if you're good to go already
Posted 28 December 2012 at 17:19