Discussion Forum

my decks on the new valt v3 have less likes

this deck had 83 likes ang now only 16 likes :(
http://www.mtgvault.com/521909/decks/a-woodland-army/
Posted 29 December 2012 at 15:51

Comments no longer count for likes. My questions are: What is reputation? How do I know if someone likes or comments on one of my decks? V3 is great by the way :) Excellent job admins!
Posted 29 December 2012 at 15:53

Yes, unfortunately you will find this is the case on ALL decks. In v2 we used to add "likes" every time a comment or a comment like was added to a deck, the idea was to have more of an overall "deck score" based on these three things, all it did was inflate the like counts to be meaningless. In v3 I updated all of the counters to be exactly what they should be; the deck like count is the number of times people have clicked the like button on your deck and the comment count is the number of comments on your deck.

Reputation at the moment is simply the number of comment likes you have received. The only way to gain reputation is to have your comments liked, 1 rep per like. There may be other ways of gaining and even "spending" this reputation in the future, we have loads of ideas! We are going to open the whole system up to be more transparent, you will be able to see who has liked your deck, who has liked your comments, etc, etc.
Posted 29 December 2012 at 20:34